Youtube video of TW & tail of the dragon
Close

Anyone seen this video? It's not me, but I searched for TW200 at Youtube. Looks like a very good time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGkMQdS0ivw

Jon
    Jon

Keaau, Hawaii

I added that video to my favorites as I'd like to do the dragon one day. Seems like the TW would love it too. 35mph throughout most of it, so easily and comfortably cruise-able with our beloved bikes.

Dan
    2009 Yamaha TW200

1996 Yamaha Virago 1100

A little about the dragon:

http://www.associatedcontent.com/art..._ride_for.html

The 11 mile stretch of road on US Highway 129, which crosses the Tennessee and North Carolina state lines, is a popular site for motorcyclists. It is known as The Dragon because of its 318 curves. Motorcycle riders come from around the world to try their hand at taming The Dragon.

The Dragon starts at Deals Gap, North Carolina. This is the highest point of the ride at 1962 feet above sea level. 318 curves later you are at Tabcat Creek Bridge in Tennessee. You can expect the ride of your life.

Some tips when taming The Dragon:

*Be cautious, and no stunts. Recognize your skill at motorcycling and do not pass over that threshold.

*This is not a time to sight see. You have to stay focused at all times on The Dragon. Eyes on the road.

*You need to stay in your lane close into the right. If you try to straighten the curves on The Dragon, it can kill you.

*Be ready to slow in case of wildlife or other road hazards.

*As always, keep a good distance between you and other vehicles and cyclists.

*If a faster biker is coming up on you, move as far to the right as you can. It is better, and safer, to let them go, then to try to keep them behind you. Keep your ego in check and don’t let it get the better of you. Some of these motorcyclists have ridden hundreds of times.

*It is best to ride The Dragon when it has the least amount of traffic. The hours of 11 a.m. and 5 p.m. are when the most motorist and sightseers will be on this road.

*Wear all protective gear, including full facial helmets and leather.

*Do not ever relax on The Dragon. You never know what is around the next curve.

*Go when you can make several trips. Take the first one cautiously until you get used to the ride.
    Hidden Content [/IMG]It's not why, but why not. Do it for the right reason now, versus the wrong reason later.
    Born on a Honda Z50, '78 YZ 80, '79 Husky WR 250

2008 TDub--Jimbo Shield, Lizard Oil Cooler, Blaster Shock, YZ Hybrid Forks, Supermoto front fender, ATV Bars, Acerbis Brake Cover, 1460 Pelican Case, Cycle Rack, Power Core, Gold Chain.

Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by jon View Post
    Anyone seen this video? It's not me, but I searched for TW200 at Youtube. Looks like a very good time.

Jon
    That video belongs to Centerline, an airline pilot from Texas.

He has since sold his TW.

I had the pleasure of riding with him through the NC mountains a couple of years ago.
    2018 Triumph Street Twin..............2016 CB500F
    2014 XT250 ..................................2008 H-D Softail Deluxe
    2008 SV 650..................................2007 DR 650..

I've watched this video a few times. Pretty cool, no matter what motorcycle one's riding. Pretty sure a former forum member from the old site "centerline", made this video.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Hope he doen't mind me posting it here. I just thought it was cool.

Jon
    Jon

Keaau, Hawaii

The Dragon is fun but watch out for the speed traps! Last time I was there they had two set up and this was during a week day. That said I think the Cherohala Skyway is more fun. Better views,nice curves,not as much "hero" traffic and no police that I saw.

Sponosred Links