I pulled the seat off my bike...
Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree126Likes

Thread: I pulled the seat off my bike...

I pulled the seat off my bike...

oh man, this is insanity! Two little tiny bolts hidden up there in the mud between the seat and the rear tire fer cryin' out loud!

What have you done to effect a quick release seat on your TW?

Quote Originally Posted by mattoleriver View Post
    oh man, this is insanity! Two little tiny bolts hidden up there in the mud between the seat and the rear tire fer cryin' out loud!

What have you done to effect a quick release seat on your TW?
    Eliminated the bolts and placed velcro in various places. Now I just peel the seat off, it takes about 2 seconds.
    Kasky, Darth and jtomelliott49 like this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

I bought slightly longer bolts, cut the heads off, drilled holes through one end. Then I screwed the headless bolt into the seat and installed the seat. Then I used some R clips through the holes in the headless bolts to hold the seat on. Now all it takes is to pull the clips to remove the seat.
    The bear slayer!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I pulled mine and cleaned, Anti Sieved and greased them and reinstalled,
    How often do you need to pull the seat?

With a 10mm nut driver I can remove the seat in a minute or two, though I don't really need to remove it that often. Having the Battery Tender Ring Terminal Harness and quick-disconnect helps. This connection can take power out as well as put it in, but it's fused at 3 amps, so don't overload it. I did, but a new fuse was cheap.

If I've got the facts correct our British Columbian friend Motoad lost his velcroed seat while hauling his bike to Moab, so if you go to a velcro attachment you might want to add a safety strap when trucking or trailering.
    Last edited by GHDave; 06-05-2016 at 09:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GHDave View Post
    With a 10mm nut driver I can remove the seat in a minute or two, though I don't really need to remove it that often. Having the Battery Tender Ring Terminal Harness and quick-disconnect helps. This connection can take power out as well as put it in, but it's fused at 3 amps, so don't overload it. I did, but a new fuse was cheap.

If I've got the facts correct our British Columbian friend Motoad lost his velcroed seat while hauling his bike to Moab, so if you go to a velcro attachment you might want to add a safety strap when trucking or trailering.
    It actually takes a little bit of effort to peel mine off, but this is a great idea and had I been able to make Moab this year; I would have thrown a bungie over mine.
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Quote Originally Posted by pred View Post
    I pulled mine and cleaned, Anti Sieved and greased them and reinstalled,
    How often do you need to pull the seat?
    If you have a battery that needs checking once in awhile; that's about the only time I would take mine off.
    jtomelliott49 likes this.

Must be four or five threads on alternate seat retention systems but this is a classic with photos of most of the above mentioned ideas:
    Mule Nuts?

Personally I just use a pair of 50mm bolts with jam nuts exposing about 20mm of threads to engage in the seat pan. This leaves about 30mm of bolt shaft and hex head protruding down below mud build-up to be turned with a 10mm socket. I previously tried the wing-nut idea but they vibrates out on the trail due to not being tightened enough.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Homemade hold down bolts with wingnuts. I use a lock washer and so far it has worked out well. (Wingnut held to bolt with red Loctite.)

PB270024.JPGPB270025.JPG
    littletommy and jtomelliott49 like this.
    Long live the internal combustion engine!

Quote Originally Posted by GHDave View Post
    Wow must have been a painful ride....
    littletommy and jtomelliott49 like this.
    "SickPuppy76"
    Greg from Glenville

2014 TW200 rear Cyclerack with bag supports and Versapack saddlebags, upgraded foot pegs, Mad Dog seat cover
    2014 Nissan Pathfinder 4WD
    2005 Buick Rainier AWD
    2001 Bass Tracker Pro Team 185XT
    Old Town Trip10 Angler Kayak

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links