• 2 Post By Rockytrail
  • 2 Post By Leisure Time Larry
  • 1 Post By 1911garand
  • 1 Post By SHAG
  • 2 Post By peruano

Thread: Anti-fog

Senior Member Michael Bryce Winnick's Avatar

Anti-fog

What do you guys treat your helmet lenses with to keep it from fogging up? Thanks MBW

Nothing! I switched to a motocross style helmet and goggles. I have never had a fogging issue since switching to motocross - from summer riding in the rain to snowmobiling.

In the summer, I sometimes wear clear or tinted safety glasses instead of the goggles.

Good Luck!
    littletommy likes this.
    Yamaha - 1992 TW200
    BMW - 1995 R1100GS

Divers just use saliva.....probably wouldn't work real well on a faceshield though...
    littletommy and admiral like this.
    Rocky
    2018 TW200
    2014 BMW R1200GS LC

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Cat Crap!

I know this comment will generate some funny response but this stuff is called "Cat Crap" which is an anti fog product. It works great in my experience and it comes in a small round tin that is available on ebay for around $6.
    1911garand and littletommy like this.

Senior Member Leisure Time Larry's Avatar
    For the shield itself, it is best to buy a replacement shield that has a dual lens like the Pinlock visor system. It works like a double pane window, as it has an insulating layer of air between two pieces of plastic. It's the best way that I've found, and I've tried a lot of the magic anti-fog applicable products with limited success. Pinlocks are made for many helmets, but not all. Some helmets like my GMax GM-11D dual-sport helmet have their own proprietary dual lens visor available for purchase.
    1911garand and littletommy like this.
    - Leisure Time Larry -
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

2004 TW200, 13-55 gearing, Shinko 241, Race Tech Emulators, Procycle front springs, Works Performance rear shock, Emgo handguards, Luckybike mirror risers, Ken Sean DS foldable mirrors, 30mm Tusk bar risers, Seat Concepts, Kick Starter kit, Plasti-dip camo coat, Cycle Pumps, Ricochet Skid Plate, flood and spot LED pod lights, Sena, Garmin etrex 20 GPS, IMS 313114 folding shifter

Quote Originally Posted by lrppcer View Post
    For the shield itself, it is best to buy a replacement shield that has a dual lens like the Pinlock visor system. It works like a double pane window, as it has an insulating layer of air between two pieces of plastic. It's the best way that I've found, and I've tried a lot of the magic anti-fog applicable products with limited success. Pinlocks are made for many helmets, but not all. Some helmets like my GMax GM-11D dual-sport helmet have their own proprietary dual lens visor available for purchase.
    I too have tried many different helmets and visor applications. I am lucky enough to have LOTS of off road seat time testing in hot, wet, and COLD weather when I worked for Polaris.

For me and most of our test drivers, we ditched the full face helmets and went to Motocross style. There is always a possibility of fog / condensation with any full face helmet no matter what you do.

MBW - Please let us know what you do and post results!
    littletommy likes this.
    Yamaha - 1992 TW200
    BMW - 1995 R1100GS

If I decide to ride more when it's really cold, I'll get the heated shield for my Nolan 104. N-104 Electric Shields for snowmobiling or think about a snowmobile helmet
    littletommy likes this.
    Go like hell, You'll get there quicker!

2005 BMWR12GS Rock Red 106k miles
    2013 TW200 - 8k- miles
    2018 X-MAX - 6k- miles

Crack that shield a bit to get some air flow and fog will go away. Your nose may freeze up but you will be able to see it drop off. Tom
    littletommy and JerseyJeeper like this.
    Tom - TW200 2002, Kawasaki VN 500 2006

Hidden Content

Central New Mexico

I was was going to get my son that Gmax 11D.. How do you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by lrppcer View Post

Sponosred Links