Gone but not forgotten
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I'm heart broken. Today I sold my TW. I've put over 10,000 miles on it over the last 5 years I've had it. It has become a very close friend and has shown me so many beautiful things. Had almost $1000 in aftermarket parts on it. I had thought about taking all the parts off and selling them here, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it.

I was at the local small engine repair shop that also sells parts yesterday ordering some farkles for my DR350 when a guy on an old Honda 250 scooter pulls up and starts talking to me about the DR.

Turns out it's a small world. He is an ultralight pilot who had just completed a central Oregon camp/fly/ride with Hodakaguy that was posted on the old site. He road Hodakaguy's TW and after riding a trail 90 for years fell in love with the TW and had begun reading all about it. He stopped to check out my DR but we soon began to talk about my TW. I mentioned I was thinking about selling off all the aftermarket parts and maybe even parting out the bike as it had 15,000 miles on it and that would turn many potential buyers off. Long story short he came over tonight saw all the work that had been done to the bike and understands that high miles on a well maintained machine is not a problem. He loves the Duro tire and all the other work that has been done to it. We talked for two hours and he couldn't say no to it. We agreed on a fair price and he will be over tomorrow to pick it up.

Sad, but I'm so glad it's going to someone who will understand the unique nature of the bike and will continue to show it love.

I'll certainly continue to visit here on occasion and I will post a link to my September ride that I had mentioned on the other site for those interested.

This has been a wonderful experience and I feel like I really know some of you. I'll leave all my pics on Photobucket so that the old links to the many mods I've done will still be there.

In closing, for the curious, here's the list of parts and mods that I had done.

Ricochet Skid plate

Sprockets & O Ring Chain

D2 moto pegs

Tusk Handguards

Jimbo Shield

Cyclerack

Brighter headlight

ProGrips

Powdercoated Swing Arm

Swing Arm Bushing

Rear wheel bearings & seals

Front wheel bearings (not installed)

New output shaft seal

Several new engine seals

Carb Boots/clamps

Ken Sean Mirrors

Front Fender & custom bracket

12 volt adapter w/fuse

Switched instrument lights

Blinker beepers

Fuel Filter

Extra Air filter

Re-spoked Rear Wheel

Customized tank panniers

total $965

Other things done:

Tail bag

Custom Seat

Opened exhaust/airbox re-jetted

Take care everyone. I'll be back now and then.

Tim

Tim! I'll take very GOOD care of your friend! And I'm not very far away. You can come take it for a spin anytime you like!

I'm looking forward to adding many more miles & hopefully some trips with you & your 350.

Thanks for selling me a great bike! I'm still dazed by the list of mods/ accessories you've done to this machine. See you this evening.

Lonnie

Wow, that's a lotta add-on stuff for under $1K. Makes me think that cuz I got what seems like a pretty good deal for my '93 that I could do some fun things and still be money ahead over what I could have paid for many other bikes.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Here's the thing. You can still tell us about your DR. I think most of us on here just like bikes and many own more than one. So we like to hear about adventures and mods no matter what you ride.

Tim,

Took it out this evening for an hr. THIS IS BY FAR THE MOST AMAZING BIKE I'VE EVER RIDDEN!!! Like my Dodge Cummins was made to tow this bike was made to climb!

Thanks again for selling it to me!

Lonnie

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie Ramey View Post
    Tim,

Took it out this evening for an hr. THIS IS BY FAR THE MOST AMAZING BIKE I'VE EVER RIDDEN!!! Like my Dodge Cummins was made to tow this bike was made to climb!

Thanks again for selling it to me!

Lonnie

So glad to hear you're enjoying it and that more miles are going on the bike. I've probably only put 200 miles on it in the last 6 months. It needs some love as it's been lonely. We'll have to go riding soon.

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by jclovesu View Post
    So glad to hear you're enjoying it and that more miles are going on the bike. I've probably only put 200 miles on it in the last 6 months. It needs some love as it's been lonely. We'll have to go riding soon.

Tim

I hate to break up this little get-together but without pics this bike does not exist.

We want...no, make that demand...pictures of this T-dub.
    2001 TW200 4500 miles

Quote Originally Posted by bigdreama View Post
    I hate to break up this little get-together but without pics this bike does not exist.

We want...no, make that demand...pictures of this T-dub.

Pics???

Are you a believer now! Get out and RIDE!!!

Tim

Need More?

Tim

Tim,

You going to e-mail me the other TW rider's name here in town?

Thanks!

Lonnie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links