• 3 Post By Mattwings
  • 2 Post By JerseyJeeper
  • 1 Post By JerseyJeeper
  • 2 Post By JerseyJeeper
  • 1 Post By Mattwings
  • 1 Post By JerseyJeeper

Thread: Interesting Mobil 1 Details

Interesting Mobil 1 Details

I had not seen this before, but this is the best breakdown of application and Zinc levels I have seen for oil from any company. Maybe this has been posted, but I had not seen it.

Our little TWs aren't picky, but the reduction in Phosphorous and Zinc are detrimental to any mechanical camshaft engine. I would use synthetic if I wasn't so worried about leaking (I know many people have no issue, but I have personal experience with a motor weeping after I switched and it never stopped after).

https://mobiloil.com/~/media/amer/us...guide-2016.pdf

Their are many matrix's from the different manufacturers. Phosphorous and Zinc are in fact very important in our style of valve train. The high temps some of us run can also be an issue. There are other variables as well. Thanks for posting this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat twinges View Post
    I had not seen this before, but this is the best breakdown of application and Zinc levels I have seen for oil from any company. Maybe this has been posted, but I had not seen it.

Our little TWs aren't picky, but the reduction in Phosphorous and Zinc are detrimental to any mechanical camshaft engine. I would use synthetic if I wasn't so worried about leaking (I know many people have no issue, but I have personal experience with a motor weeping after I switched and it never stopped after).

https://mobiloil.com/~/media/amer/us...guide-2016.pdf

I have a ingredient matrix for Lucas Racing Oil i'll post as well. In the meantime. There is nothing wrong with Mobile 1 at all... it's about how each individual uses there engine and what they like as a personal preference. This time of year I use 20/50 Semi Synthetic Lucas Racing Oil. But I run the engine very hot in deep sand and at near red line rpm's almost every time i'm out.

Info
    Smitty Blackstone likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Lucas Racing Oils - Zinc Content Etc. Remember there is more to oil than Zinc and Phosphorus. Viscosity at temp, ability to not break down at temp and the list goes on. Remember no moly oil in wet clutch bikes.

Lucas Racing and Motorcycle Oils
    Last edited by JerseyJeeper; 06-15-2016 at 09:12 PM.

i wish all of these oils were more readily available. I hate paying the shipping and not having it available when and where I need it! thanks for the Lucas link.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat twinges View Post
    i wish all of these oils were more readily available. I hate paying the shipping and not having it available when and where I need it! thanks for the Lucas link.
    I did too. Then I signed up for Amazon Prime. Free shipping and SAME DAY delivery where I live WOW. The only time I ever got that lucky.It's worth the $100.00

The day I had to rebuild my head and lap in the new valves the valve grinding compound and spring tool showed up the same day I ordered it just as I was getting the head off and bench clean to do it.

They have so much in stock it's amazing but at the same time I feel sorry for the mom and pop stores that are affected by them. If I can buy local and it's in stock I try to do that.

Sponosred Links