Arrrives today
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: Arrrives today

Arrrives today

I started a thread a few weeks back asking about commuting to work and buying an XT250 or TW200.
    So after reading replies and giving some thought I went for a new TW200, a 2015 model (left over)
    The bike gets delivered today, yea I know I could ride it home. But the dealer is 100km away and I don't want to ride a new bike on 110kph highways.
    Now I am already looking for racks etc, and have read the threads about sprockets.
    Will try to post a photo later after work.
    Thanks again for the advice folks.

Have fun with it!!
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Enjoy your commutes and since your commuting I recommend this $60 Icon vest its huge in other drivers seeing you.
    image.jpeg

Link: if interested, they are cut small, buy the SuperSize they are adjustable

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...FVA8gQody2sICQ
    Last edited by TopPredator; 06-16-2016 at 05:11 AM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Congratulations Zippy!
    By chance did you read the recent post on break-in and ring seating for modern motorcycles? Basically for the first 20 miles or so you should ride the bike hard so that strong cylinder pressures force rings firmly against cross-hatched hone marks in the cylinder wall allowing those hone marks to machine the rings into a good fit against cylinder wall. If ridden gently the hone marks will get polished away before they can do the cutting of the rings they were designed to do. One ends up with better compression and greater power if done this way...ignore Yamaha's recommendation to "baby" your new baby initially.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

This is correct. You should also do some varying hard throttle runs 2/3, 3/4, and full throttle and quickly let off the throttle after several hundred feet. It will sound counter intuitive to many but I have researched enough recently to agree fully with this concept. It has to do with how cylinders are finish machined today and needing to get the rings seated quickly. Frankly I think this method should/could always have been used and is just catching on do to actual testing of what works best. There is enough information out there for people to do their own research and then do what they want. To each his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Congratulations Zippy!
    By chance did you read the recent post on break-in and ring seating for modern motorcycles? Basically for the first 20 miles or so you should ride the bike hard so that strong cylinder pressures force rings firmly against cross-hatched hone marks in the cylinder wall allowing those hone marks to machine the rings into a good fit against cylinder wall. If ridden gently the hone marks will get polished away before they can do the cutting of the rings they were designed to do. One ends up with better compression and greater power if done this way...ignore Yamaha's recommendation to "baby" your new baby initially.

Way to go Zip!
    "Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death."
    - Hunter S. Thompson

“It’s more fun to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow”.

"The less horsepower a motorcycle has, the more it can teach you.” - Ben Bostrom

And though a mountain may rise up and smack the livin' shit outta me,
    and wad up my bike somethin' awful...
    Still, I rise!
    (With apologies to Maya Angelou)

"Give a Damn"
    - C. M. Howe, Jr.

Hidden Content

Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah!!
    jtomelliott49 and littletommy like this.
    Just give me a minute while I collect my thoughts. They're around here somewhere. Maybe!

2013 TW200(Protaper SE ATV High handlebars, DID 428VX-X ring chain, Shinko Tires, K&N Air Filter, Seat Concepts "Grip" seat covering, Outlaw Racing Folding
    Gear shifter, My custom( long/thin) foot pegs, My custom(extended) Rear brake lever, Battery tender harness, Gel Battery, "Bikini" Bike rack, Mobil 1 4T synthetic, BLUE Ricochet Skid Plate , DG Exhaust & 15 Front Sproket.

If you aren't familiar with the new engine break-in procedure mentioned above, here is the link to the originator:
    Break In Secrets--How To Break In New Motorcycle and Car Engines For More Power

Good info!
    James

Attitude =

The difference between

Ordeal and Adventure

Quote Originally Posted by JagLite View Post
    If you aren't familiar with the new engine break-in procedure mentioned above, here is the link to the originator:
    Break In Secrets--How To Break In New Motorcycle and Car Engines For More Power

Good info!
    Yes it is, read the whole thing.

Hey, your zipper is open. lol Have you had enough Zipper Zippo Zippy cracks? Okay, I'm done. Hope you have a great time and experience with your new TW. I never have to worry about break in as I always buy used. Now, how do I break in my Stihl 026 chainsaw that my neighbor and I rebuilt????? You about have to run a chainsaw hard. This is not a threadjack. Just ramblings of an old fart!
    Tom in Wichita

78 Moto Guzzi SP1000
    87 Yamaha TW200
    99 Yamaha TW200
    03 Honda Shadow Spirit (girlfriend's ride)
    74 Moto Guzzi Eldorado Police model (in many pieces)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links