EBay TW Parts for twice dealer cost new
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Anybody notice this guy selling TW parts off an 87 for at least 150% of new price at the dealer?

I have been watching for some parts and this guy started listing what appears to be a whole bike today. In every case he has over priced the dealer on even the new price.

Heres an example.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FUEL-...Q5fAccessories

On a side note I went into Clawson Motorsports here in Fresno and they told me they dont have any TW's and thay tried to order them and they have been removed from the order form. Listed as unavailable. He went on to tell me its the Tsunami causing the problems. Yeah right. Everyone in America is using that excuse for everything from Japan.

Do you think they are really unavailable new?
    2008 TW200 - Jimbo W/S, Rear Cycle Rack, Magnetic Drain Plug, Wally World Seat Cover, Custom JB Welded Seat Screws. (Desires - Kicker, Raised Handlebars, and Round Headlight)

What's wrong with $72 for a rusty old petcock?
    Regards...Wes
    In the Stable: 73 Honda CT90,81 Honda CT110,81 Honda CT70,04 Yamaha TW200,07 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    ........thay tried to order them and they have been removed from the order form. Listed as unavailable. He went on to tell me its the Tsunami causing the problems. Yeah right. Everyone in America is using that excuse for everything from Japan.

Larry,

The dealerships make a living selling motorcycles, they wouldn't tell you they are currently unavailable and drive your business away if that was not the case. On the plus side, quite a few got shipped before that big wave hit and if you want a new one (and who wouldn't) you should be able to find a dealer that has one.

The Japanese are experts at "just in time" inventory management which saves a bunch of money but when a parts source is destroyed it stops production as every critical part is necessary to build a car or a motorcycle. Toyota production is down by over 50% right now and even General Motors and Harley-Davidson have been affected by essential components that are currently unavailable.

Chip
    The road to hell on earth is paved with the good intentions of liberals.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by vuldub View Post
    What's wrong with $72 for a rusty old petcock?

It only has 11791 miles on it, it's gotta be worth 3 or 4 times what a new one costs. It's got character, lol. Reminds me of the guy that had the "greatest TW ever" with matching tripod storage tubes, and a "super duper" action packer.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip Beck View Post
    Larry,

The dealerships make a living selling motorcycles, they wouldn't tell you they are currently unavailable and drive your business away if that was not the case. On the plus side, quite a few got shipped before that big wave hit and if you want a new one (and who wouldn't) you should be able to find a dealer that has one.

The Japanese are experts at "just in time" inventory management which saves a bunch of money but when a parts source is destroyed it stops production as every critical part is necessary to build a car or a motorcycle. Toyota production is down by over 50% right now and even General Motors and Harley-Davidson have been affected by essential components that are currently unavailable.

Chip

Thats what I thought about the dealer wanting to make money. I have a friend who wants one and hasnt been able to find a new one.

But the dealer told me they might have one at another dealer in the state they are trying to trade with. He said it "may" be spoken for. He wasn't interested in finding out. I agree with the make a living part and dealerships. But here for some reason nobody is motivated.
    2008 TW200 - Jimbo W/S, Rear Cycle Rack, Magnetic Drain Plug, Wally World Seat Cover, Custom JB Welded Seat Screws. (Desires - Kicker, Raised Handlebars, and Round Headlight)

Check out the sellers response to my offer of $25 for a part he has listed for $75 that I can get new at the dealer for $57. He wants to sell it to me for $57 because thats what a new one costs and he thinks he will be faster. FYI - The dealer told me 3 days because they have it in LA.

Quote -----

um... we could sell it to you for 57 if you wanted.. you would probably have it in like 2 buisness days too, i know the dealer shipping can take like 3 weeks.. if your interested hit the buy it now and ill refund the difference.

id be more will but i do know that someone will buy it some day..

best regards, adam

------

Someone will buy it someday??????? That made me laugh.

Ebay just sent me an offer saying I can list up to 50 auctions/month with no listing fees. If it doesn't cost anything to put up auctions, why not put 50 auctions up with rediculous prices. Out of the 50 one might sell. All it costs to you is a little time.

My favorite peeve is the people that download the free service manuals off the internet and sell them on Ebay.

A friend once told me an item is worth whatever one person is willing to pay for it. He was a car salesman by the way.

Mark
    '10 Truimph Bonneville Std.

"buy it now and I will refund you the difference"

OMG. What a scammer!
    Regards...Wes
    In the Stable: 73 Honda CT90,81 Honda CT110,81 Honda CT70,04 Yamaha TW200,07 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500

Quote Originally Posted by Chip Beck View Post
    Larry,

Chip

so true, Japanneese JIT - they were alway within seconds for their build cycles

Back in the 80's I was selling techy stuff to GM in Mi. and they were the best at "JTL" manufacturing.... Just Too Late

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    ... He went on to tell me its the Tsunami causing the problems. Yeah right. Everyone in America is using that excuse for everything from Japan.
    This may be one of the few times a dealer is speaking the truth. Dealers have not been able to get new shipments of motorcycles from Japan since the earthquake/tsunami.

I was in the showroom of one of the largest motorcycle dealers in western NC a couple weeks ago, and they had only 8 motorcycles on the floor, 3 of them used.

They really can't get the bikes...

jb
    2018 Triumph Street Twin..............2016 CB500F
    2014 XT250 ..................................2008 H-D Softail Deluxe
    2008 SV 650..................................2007 DR 650..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links