NEW TO ME TW200
Close

Thread: NEW TO ME TW200

Picked up a '91 TW today. Very nice shape, new tires and battery.Runs strong. 14,000 miles for $800.

How do you get the seat off and where is the battery? I'm stoked about this little bike.

I ride a Goldwing every day. I needed a trail bike for deer and elk hunting here in New Mexico.

I just can't figure out how to get the seat off to inspect stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by cthunter View Post
    Picked up a '91 TW today. Very nice shape, new tires and battery.Runs strong. 14,000 miles for $800.

How do you get the seat off and where is the battery? I'm stoked about this little bike.

I ride a Goldwing every day. I needed a trail bike for deer and elk hunting here in New Mexico.

I just can't figure out how to get the seat off to inspect stuff.

There are two bolts underneath the seat near the back through the subframe. I've taken mine off and some guys have rigged a quicker way of disconnecting, but I believe it's just the two bolts. You'll find your battery right under it.

Quote Originally Posted by assquatch20 View Post
    There are two bolts underneath the seat near the back through the subframe. I've taken mine off and some guys have rigged a quicker way of disconnecting, but I believe it's just the two bolts. You'll find your battery right under it.

Great, thanks. I would like to put a larger sprocket on the back.I will only be using it on dirt and in the woods.I need torque. I'm 6' and 240lbs.Any suggestions. What is stock? 54? How about a 60 tooth? I saw a really nice hunting setup one of you guys have. It is camo with a large rack and big sprocket. That is the hunting bike I am going for.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by cthunter View Post
    Great, thanks. I would like to put a larger sprocket on the back.I will only be using it on dirt and in the woods.I need torque. I'm 6' and 240lbs.Any suggestions. What is stock? 54? How about a 60 tooth? I saw a really nice hunting setup one of you guys have. It is camo with a large rack and big sprocket. That is the hunting bike I am going for.

The stock sprockets are a 14/50 combo. I'm 6' and 250 lbs. and stock works perfectly for me. Nothing wrong with going lower, especially if you're not worried about the street. 60 would be nice, you can go up to 70 if needed. There is a guy on here named fishhuntr1 (or something like that). He's got his setup similar to what you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodney View Post
    The stock sprockets are a 14/50 combo. I'm 6' and 250 lbs. and stock works perfectly for me. Nothing wrong with going lower, especially if you're not worried about the street. 60 would be nice, you can go up to 70 if needed. There is a guy on here named fishhuntr1 (or something like that). He's got his setup similar to what you're talking about.

Thanks

I use a 55 tooth rear sprocket and it works great for me. My top speed is 57 mph, but I can idle up and over stuff. I'm 6'2" and 260 and it pushes me around just fine.
    If you can't find it, grind it

1990 TW200

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman View Post
    I use a 55 tooth rear sprocket and it works great for me. My top speed is 57 mph, but I can idle up and over stuff. I'm 6'2" and 260 and it pushes me around just fine.

That sounds perfect rainman. How much longer did the chain need to be?

I use a 124 link chain, but a 126 will fit also.
    If you can't find it, grind it

1990 TW200

Sponosred Links