New guy here
Close

Thread: New guy here

Nice forum you guys have here.

I have a lead on a 2008 TW200 for $2400 (has about 1400). After looking around for a couple of weeks this sounds like a good deal I'm 42 years old and have not ridden a motorcycle since I was 18 so I'm kind of nervous. I'd like to ride some of the neighborhood and dirt roads around here to get a feel for motorcycleing and possibly move up to something larger.

If the bike is still available I'm going to go check it out next Wednesday evening (with a bunch of cash in my pocket). I know to check the oil, check the for leaks, tire condition etc. Is there anything major I should be looking for on this model?

Thanks

Mike

Hey Mike! I just bought a 2008 myself - on Friday. I'm 46 and haven't ridden since I was about 20 or so. You might check out the thread on this forum "Before buying used" - some guys gave helpful questions to ask before buying. I'd ask the seller if he/she did the required service at 600 mi. and I'd ask to have those receipts so you can show to another if you decide to sell later on. Hope the deal works out for you and hope you have great fun w/ your new TW!

Hi Mike,

You are likely to get a lot of opinions, but here are my thoughts. Depending upon where you live, $2,400 for a low mileage 2008 seems to be a reasonable deal. These bikes are essentially the same from year 2001 to the present, except for the color schemes. Now is a great time to be out riding and the TW is a great bike to get reintroduced on. You could try and wait for a better deal, but as others have said on this board - any TW is better than no TW.

Brian

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Ya I'm 46 and really didn't ride too much until december when I bought my TDub. I have ridden some friends bikes and I just liked how the TW felt over theirs. It is so versatile and fun to ride, and that's the strength of it for me.

You'll love it!

Thanks for the reply's you guys. Hate to say it but I waited too long and the guy sold it. I've been looking at online classified (bikefinder.com) which seems to list all of the dirtbikes they have located on Craigslist and ebay. Are there any other online sites that I should be researching?

Sponosred Links