Waiting for my tw
Close

Just bought the tw from Alabama in the classifieds. Would love to tell you all how great it is but I won't see it til thurs,,, well it sounded like I good idea will let you know.
    Faster faster!! Well maybe not.

TW's can be hard to come by from time-to-time. Stopped into one of the local Yamaha shops late last week to pick up a new clutch lever mount and saw an 2008 listed for $3700 and they had a new 2010 or 2011, didn't look that close, on the showroom floor. Point is, I was surprised to not just see one TW, but two at the dealer. Thought they wouldn't have had any!

Hope you like yours when you get it!
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

I purchased my 2009 brand new in 2010 for a good price. The guy at the dealership told me that normally, he orders 6 to 12 per year, and they sell out within a couple of months, but that remaining one sat for a long time. He didn't even order any 2010's. He said the economy hit them just as bad as everyone else. He has a 2011 sitting on the floor now, but they were too busy for me to ask about them. I guess that's a good sign that things are picking back up.

Also, I was kind of wondering to myself yesterday. Why is it that Yamaha has sold the TW since 1987, and usually dealerships sell out of them every year, but you rarely see them for sale used, and rarely see any on the road. I have only seen one in the past three or four years, not counting mine, of course.

Wow, a little off topic, huh?

Trailerpark, I'm sure your new to you TW will be worth the wait.

Dan
    2009 Yamaha TW200

1996 Yamaha Virago 1100

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Silly to say but I've been hunting and wanting one for about 15 years. Just never could justify when I had the money, and hate to take a loan out on something that I want to use without guilt. Hard to do when it's part owned by the bank. It also seems to be that very low mileage ones pop up a lot and get snapped up quickly, and they always sell, even ones that look like they shouldnt. Then I read this forum and I didn't think people felt like this and dirt bikes, I've had a bunch of bikes from a kid on, and always loved the bike I had, but knew if you held on too long a breakdown was coming and why would you put money into something that lost value so quickly. Not so here Like a jeep there seems to always be a home for a tw. Its also nice to have all this info on what can be done to and with them (even if some times it shouldn't). If i have half as much fun as you guys do, it will be more than enough.
    Faster faster!! Well maybe not.

Sponosred Links