Tw is all the TW just 200cc?
Close

I just came from japan and they have 225cc stock. I have only seen 200cc here. is there one?

Too bad you did not bring one over with you. There are no stock 225s in the US that I know of. BTW I love the orange one.
    A very very wise man once said “it’s more fun to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow”.

"Now then get your weapons... and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me"
    Gen:27:3

“I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born.”
    -Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by goldenhtr View Post
    Too bad you did not bring one over with you. There are no stock 225s in the US that I know of. BTW I love the orange one.
    yeah too bad. I was planning on bring one ,but dealing with military orders everything was a hurry up rush rush. I still have friends. One of which owns a bike shop and is a Yamaha certified mechanic and dealer. In Japan they have traditional beginning and end of the year party. I have been fortunate enough to bump elbows with Yamaha's Southern japan CEO. Maybe I can get my friend to send me a 225 engine.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Has anyone explored to see if the Japanese TW225 top end or just cylinder and piston will fit our stateside TW200's?

Quote Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
    Has anyone explored to see if the Japanese TW225 top end or just cylinder and piston will fit our stateside TW200's?

This has been covered at length before, but to sumarise you need to replace the crankshaft, cylinder and piston, the head to cylinder dowels don't match but can be overcome and bore the crank case mouth to accept the 225 cylinder liner.

It sounds worse than it is, I've done two 125cc to 225cc conversions and a 125cc to 200cc, so it can't be to difficult

Quote Originally Posted by uktw125 View Post
    This has been covered at length before, but to sumarise you need to replace the crankshaft, cylinder and piston, the head to cylinder dowels don't match but can be overcome and bore the crank case mouth to accept the 225 cylinder liner.

It sounds worse than it is, I've done two 125cc to 225cc conversions and a 125cc to 200cc, so it can't be to difficult

Why hasn't anyone explored getting a used engine from japan that is 225cc? I saw one on Yahoo japan auction for $557 without shipping

Sponosred Links