Bike Bandit fail...
Close

I spent close to 200 dollars on a brand new CDI for my TW yesterday. Turns out that Bike Bandit has them on back order, for as much as a month, and I may not get it even in that time frame, after which they will refund me the purchase price. And of course they tell me this AFTER I place the order! WTF!? They can't keep track of inventory!? I've been buying from Bike Bandit for a while now, but this is not cool, not cool at all. I've been stressing over trying to get my TW working properly for months now (not having much time to work on it/diagnose while in school), and now I'm on summer vacation and I may have to wait over a MONTH! Just FYI you might want to consider looking elsewhere if you don't want to wait forever to get a part. This isn't enough to kill my business with BB but one or two more of these could well do just that. They need to get it together and be on top of things like this!
    KJ, just KJ, ok.

Current rides:
    2004 GMC Sierra 1500, 1999 Toyota 4Runner

Past rides: 2015 Yamaha XT 250, 1997 Suzuki DR 200, 2007 Honda Ruckus, 2007 Yamaha TW 200, 2007 Kawasaki Ninja 500, 2009 Kawasaki KLX331S; 1994 GMC Sierra 1500, 1987 Nissan Pathfinder, 1992 Acura Integra, 1986 Honda CRX, 1989 Jeep Cherokee, 1994 Chevrolet Astro Van, 1979 Volkswagen Rabbit, 1984 Jeep Cherokee

Not a very good business practice.

My gripe with them is I was in need of a new head light bulb so I thought I would order one online. Their web site was very informative, but when I saw the price, 16 dollars I called my local Napa Auto Parts store and was able to walk in and buy the same bulb for 6 bucks. This bike is costing me a fortune to ride. I bought it new in 2008 and am aproaching 8000 miles on the odometer. So far I have replace the headlight bulb, chain, front sprocket, one fork boot, had the valves checked, spent over 20 dollars on oil changes, and am on my second can of chain wax, for a grand total of around 250 dollars over the last 38 months. That's $6.58 a month just in maintenance. Shocking.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by cdsdave View Post
    My gripe with them is I was in need of a new head light bulb so I thought I would order one online. Their web site was very informative, but when I saw the price, 16 dollars I called my local Napa Auto Parts store and was able to walk in and buy the same bulb for 6 bucks. This bike is costing me a fortune to ride. I bought it new in 2008 and am aproaching 8000 miles on the odometer. So far I have replace the headlight bulb, chain, front sprocket, one fork boot, had the valves checked, spent over 20 dollars on oil changes, and am on my second can of chain wax, for a grand total of around 250 dollars over the last 38 months. That's $6.58 a month just in maintenance. Shocking.

Lol, you seriously don't even want to know how much cash I've poured into the TW. WAY, WAY, WAAAAAY too much!
    KJ, just KJ, ok.

Current rides:
    2004 GMC Sierra 1500, 1999 Toyota 4Runner

Past rides: 2015 Yamaha XT 250, 1997 Suzuki DR 200, 2007 Honda Ruckus, 2007 Yamaha TW 200, 2007 Kawasaki Ninja 500, 2009 Kawasaki KLX331S; 1994 GMC Sierra 1500, 1987 Nissan Pathfinder, 1992 Acura Integra, 1986 Honda CRX, 1989 Jeep Cherokee, 1994 Chevrolet Astro Van, 1979 Volkswagen Rabbit, 1984 Jeep Cherokee

Can you cancel the order, get an immediate refund, and buy one elsewhere?

Well for what its worth you just cost them a $60 order. I was ordering all my base gasket parts tonight because they are in california and shipping is faster. I will just go to Stadium Yamaha now and wait the few extra days. Thanks for the feedback.

One question. I noticed that you can check availability on the Bike Bandit website when you put a 1 next to the part you want by clicking the button for availability. I found that it spits out 3 options. Green clock means quick, yellow clock means a few extra days, red clock means they will e-mail you when available.

What was the availability showing when you ordered? Green?
    2008 TW200 - Jimbo W/S, Rear Cycle Rack, Magnetic Drain Plug, Wally World Seat Cover, Custom JB Welded Seat Screws. (Desires - Kicker, Raised Handlebars, and Round Headlight)

One more thing. I just purchased an airbox and oem rack from this guy on ebay. He shipped fast and allows returns.

He has a $60 CDI on ebay for a 2009 right now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TW200...#ht_4708wt_939

Didn't know if this would help.

I believe the bike was in an accident so the CDI should be good to go.
    2008 TW200 - Jimbo W/S, Rear Cycle Rack, Magnetic Drain Plug, Wally World Seat Cover, Custom JB Welded Seat Screws. (Desires - Kicker, Raised Handlebars, and Round Headlight)

Quote Originally Posted by kj7687 View Post
    ... They can't keep track of inventory!?...gether and be on top of things like this!
    Bike Bandit orders their OEM parts from a regional Yamaha warehouse, as do other online vendors. The warehouse ships it to them, and they reship the parts to you. Yamaha won't ship directly to the end user.

If BB is out of a part, it usually means that the regional warehouse is out, and is waiting to be restocked.

jb
    2018 Triumph Street Twin..............2016 CB500F
    2014 XT250 ..................................2008 H-D Softail Deluxe
    2008 SV 650..................................2007 DR 650..

Quote Originally Posted by jbfla View Post

Bike Bandit orders their OEM parts from a regional Yamaha warehouse, as do other online vendors. The warehouse ships it to them, and they reship the parts to you. Yamaha won't ship directly to the end user.

If BB is out of a part, it usually means that the regional warehouse is out, and is waiting to be restocked.

jb
    JB. Your right. Something to remember these on-line store are not stores at all.Just middlemen that take your order and send it what ever supplier they use. A few years ago this was a hot topic to the retail dealers. Were the major suppliers going to offer their goods on-line at a much reduced price? NO was their answer. We only sell to dealers not to the general public. Fine until I ordered some tires on-line and they came with the major suppliers label under the on-line store ones! So the next time you walk into a "Real Store" and see the higher prices remember something. On-Line stores don't have pay for trained staff,stock and the store itself!

Stadium Yamaha is a real store in Texas. The added the internet marketing to their other normal Yamaha dealer activities. Some wholesalers don't sell retail, but will ship direct to their retailers' retail customers. This is common with tires.

Sponosred Links