Got my endorsement, rented a Harley
Close

Well since my last post I got my endorsement after taking the required Basic Rider Course,

I rented a Sportster, it's the only thing they rent in S. Florida. Rode 230 miles in the 24 hrs that I had it.

Was wanting to tell the wife about the TW. After a late lunch I was just exploring the town we were in and a TW goes by right in front of us, so I follow him and pull up next to him when he parks it, we start talking and I asked if we could sit on it and he says you can take it for a ride, so I did and boy was I all smiles because I really wanted to check a TW out. I was happy being back on a motorcycle after 30 years but I was real happy the TW crossed my path!

Well Jerry, congrats on getting your endorsement ! Just in time for summer rides. That was perfect timing to cross paths with the TW and even better to have gotten a ride. They are no Harley, but on he trail they leave them all behind. My wife rides everywhere with me on our TW, its such a blast.

Enjoy your rides and hope to see you with your own TW soon, Chris.
    2009 TW200, Jimbo shield, 47&55T rear with DID chain, Maxxis Ceros Rear, Kendra 270 front, extended swing arm, 1"Risers, Rear rack, Raised front fender, XOG GPS.

Oh, now you did it!! That itch will never fade ! !

Congrats on the endorsement and Thank you for getting it!!

Bag
    "The TW may be slow, but the Earth is patient" - MK

"If I'm wrong, and it turns out that you hate it, I'll send you all my Barry Manilow albums." LB

Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Neat story, similar to mine...

Four years ago my best friend and I bought Harley's but because we had previously been dirt riders (and still are) we decided it would be a good idea to take a motorcycle safety course so we did. The class had a wide variety of bikes to ride (including a Ninja, some larger dual-sports and small cruiser-type bikes) along with one TW. I was instantly attracted to the TW and chose that one as my ride, my friend chose a larger dual-sport which was most like his dirtbike. After riding around a parking lot on that TW for the course I was hooked! I told my fiend I'd be buying one for myself shortly.

It took a while to find one in my area (they seem to sell fast) but eventually I bought an '03. Met my friend for dinner not long after I'd bought that first TW and needless to say he was surprised to see me pull-up to the restaurant on it.

Now four years later we have three TW's in our stable. We still have the Harley (it's a Sportster) though it gets ridden a lot less then the TW's in fact my wife made that first TW I bought into her daily driver for work!

Their fun, awkward looking bikes, hope you find one soon!

Kevin
    '04 TW - Ricochet skid plate, IMS pegs, Odyssey battery, Seat Concepts seat, wide front tire. Geared low N' Slow Hidden Content

Honda Grom
    KTM 990 Adventure

The Sportster and the TW each fit into their market segments in about the same way. Not really supremely good at anything, but competent at a lot of things with the right attachments. I'd love to have the XR750 frame with a modern XR1200 engine and trans and a cushier seat. The XR1200X is about the last naked standard on the market that actually looks like a motorcycle instead of some funky transformer toy. It's on my very short list of replacements for the CB550 when it crosses the chrome steel bridge to wherever motorcycles go when they die.

Congrats on your endorsement, Jerry. The TW has you now!

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty View Post
    The Sportster and the TW each fit into their market segments in about the same way. Not really supremely good at anything, but competent at a lot of things with the right attachments. I'd love to have the XR750 frame with a modern XR1200 engine and trans and a cushier seat. The XR1200X is about the last naked standard on the market that actually looks like a motorcycle instead of some funky transformer toy. It's on my very short list of replacements for the CB550 when it crosses the chrome steel bridge to wherever motorcycles go when they die.

I actually like the 1200 H-D1 Customs. The fat front tire reminds me of the Fat Boys and TW's! Just in a smaller package. The local dealer has one sitting on the showroom in black. $11k and it's all mine...maybe someday. Those XR1200's remind me of the 80's bikes.

Looking for a 2009 DR-Z400SM in good cond as my next bike.

Byte

Quote Originally Posted by Byte View Post
    Congrats on your endorsement, Jerry. The TW has you now!

I actually like the 1200 H-D1 Customs. The fat front tire reminds me of the Fat Boys and TW's! Just in a smaller package. The local dealer has one sitting on the showroom in black. $11k and it's all mine...maybe someday. Those XR1200's remind me of the 80's bikes.

Looking for a 2009 DR-Z400SM in good cond as my next bike.

Byte
    The fat Bob in Hot Denim White is sweet--give me a good dyno tune and some of the Vance and Hines quiet pipes and I'd ride the wheels off it.

Sponosred Links