Help me value this bike please.
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I bought 2 clean drz400's but my family is intimidated by them and I need a TW to replace one of them.

I found this.

http://iowacity.craigslist.org/mcy/2457456198.html

Call him and he said he bought it from a dealer in 08 with 500 miles who had bought it from a community college where it was used to teach in riding course's. 2000 miles now. The bike has been laid down plenty of times. Bars bent. Scratches on the case. Never a oil change but it doesn't use oil he says. Sounds like the bike was just ridden, so it probably needs chain sprockets tires battery maybe. Probably left outside..

Whats it worth? Or should I walk away?

I paid $1800 for a 2003 with 712 miles in 2007 that was in perfect condition with a new battery. All it needed was a mirror.

I paid $1,850 for my 2007 last fall with 1,800 miles and in perfect condition; but I'd say the guy left 400 - 500 bucks on the table. Hope that helps provide some reference. Good luck.
    2007 TW200

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Last month I bought my 2008 from a guy in Elkader IA with 5000 miles in pristine condition for $2800. With gas between 3 and 4 bucks a gallon the used bike prices have taken a healthy jump. Have you considered a gel seat for the DRZ? It'll lower it an inch or so. There's also a rear suspension kit that will take it down another 3" too.

Sounds like a good deal. Replacing the battery, chain and sprockets are a minimal cost. If the rest of the bike is solid, then you are golden and the fun begins.
    Hidden Content [/IMG]It's not why, but why not. Do it for the right reason now, versus the wrong reason later.
    Born on a Honda Z50, '78 YZ 80, '79 Husky WR 250

2008 TDub--Jimbo Shield, Lizard Oil Cooler, Blaster Shock, YZ Hybrid Forks, Supermoto front fender, ATV Bars, Acerbis Brake Cover, 1460 Pelican Case, Cycle Rack, Power Core, Gold Chain.

Hidden Content

Thanks Guys. I have a second drz400s with a corbin seat and lowing kit which fits me just fine. But my 16 year old daughter has recently shown some interest and is shorter than me. Shes never ridden and I still think it might be intimidating..

Whats the oil change schedule on the TW? I'm a bit concerned with 1500 miles on the same oil. And like I said.. the thing has seen better days with scratches bent handle bars. The owner lied to me. He said the damage came from the driving course but a call to the dealer revealed they replace any damaged parts before selling them after return.

It sounds a bit chancy to me. I'd offer $1800, and see what happens. Or see if he could throw in the 25 hp motor and we'll meet you over in the "Performance & Customization" section.

I just bought a mint 2005 with 2000 mile for $1800.
    Hidden Content

2005 TW200 (SOLD)
    2013 DR650

Quote Originally Posted by Brock View Post
    Sounds like a good deal. Replacing the battery, chain and sprockets are a minimal cost. If the rest of the bike is solid, then you are golden and the fun begins.

If I replaced all those things, bars and scuffed parts Id be well over retail the price of $2700

Quote Originally Posted by n2o2diver View Post
    I just bought a mint 2005 with 2000 mile for $1800.

Now that sounds like a sweet deal.

I don't like the sound of that bike considering the abuse it's sustained. I'd look for a different bike.

-Lorddaftbiker

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links