Cycle Rack!
Close

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Cycle Rack!

Placed my order via ebay for a cyclerack on monday night.. they shipped tuesday, and it showed up today! I didn't pay for any sort of expedited shipping, but man that was quick. Packaging was murderously overkill, and between my two daughters and I trying to unwrap it, I'm pretty sure I can install it quicker! I placed orders for a few other items just beforehand, and paid for 3day shipping on those.. they're still not here.

I haven't installed the rack yet, but construction looks great, we'll see how it fits later this evening. Consider this an early but very positive review of their way of doing business. Top notch.
    --

1997 TW, well loved, a bit modified.

Well.. put the kids to bed, indeed it took longer to unmount my ammo cans than it did to install the rack. Probably a 3-4 minute install total. Much like everyone else's observations, it needed a little tweak to fit. I actually thing this is by design, as it adds significant rigidity to the rack and rear of the bike.

After install, I also agree with a post that I read a while ago about replacing the tiny M6x1.0 bolts under the seat with stronger ones.. I might even consider drilling those holes out and running a nut on the bottom with a lock washer.

I'll echo my previous post again.. Top Notch. Money well spent.

Obligatory installed pictures:

--

Tip: I had trouble aligning the rack to the bikes mounting points, and my solution was to match up the front footpeg bolts first, fingertight, and then I used two Irwin clamps to pull the underseat holes into alignment.

The rack has been incredibly useful so far.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I did similar.. lined up the footpeg holes and put the bolts in there loose. I didn't have to use clamps to make the under-seat bolts go, but it worked better to put one of them in first, and it wouldn't go if i tried the other one first.
    --

Looks good. I think I'm gonna have to get me one of them. Thanks for sharing.
    Hidden Content

2005 TW200 (SOLD)
    2013 DR650

I recently did some measuring on three TWs parked side-by-side. There were small differences on many point-to-point measurements, mo more than ± 1 to 1.5 mm max. This is pretty much normal. I've seen point-to-point measurements on some vehicles ± 12 to 15mm. Mis-alignment is common in vehicles. For instance, the driver side front suspension mounts on S10/S15 pickups and SUVs is 16mm higher in relation to the frame than the passenger side, causing the trucks to sit low on the driver front corner. Many theories have been proposed as to why, but it really doesn't matter--the trucks drive fine.

Had one of these racks on my 650L....if i decide to put a rack on,it will definetly be this one by cycleracks!!!.

Awesome rack, bro! Think I'll order mine this coming week, thanks for sharing.

-Lorddaftbiker

I probably missed it.............the rack mounts on the upper passenger peg mount and where on the rear?...I did see something about,under the seat????.

Received my rack yesterday...."attempted" to install this late morning before work(thought,ahh,I've installed these before on my other bike(s))...what a f-ing nightmare,this damn thing is so out of line!.None,I repeat,none of the previous one(s) were this obsurd to install!!!!.Tried the bottom points first,nah...then tried the upper points,nah...all loosely applied...one more chance when I get home...if it's a no go,F-it...back to Idaho it will be!!!!!!!!!.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links