windshields
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: windshields

New member and probably been discussed before but can't locate, what kind of windshields have been put on 200's, how big are they, how do they mount, and do you like one over another? From Northern WI, and like it a little warmer than cooler. Also more highway than off road.

Google "jimbo shield".

He's a member here and very good to deal with so say everyone who has one.

I don't have one because UK bikes have a round headlight.

Most any small aftermarket windshield with handlebar mounts will bolt up, but none seem to be as effective for their size as the Jimbo Shield.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

JIMBO SHIELD for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by capt hornblower View Post
    New member and probably been discussed before but can't locate, what kind of windshields have been put on 200's, how big are they, how do they mount, and do you like one over another? From Northern WI, and like it a little warmer than cooler. Also more highway than off road.
    jimbo windscreen is the one so cool and 40$ cant beat that with a dead rat snake

I'm a Jimbo fan too, but really folks - lets answer the poster's question. He asked about windshields (screens) and Jimbo's is either not a wind screen or a minamalist version of one. It does reduce the wind on my chest (I do ride with one at least 9 months per year), but if you live in Wisconsin and want to reduce cold air rushing by your upper body and head, the Jimbo shield is not it. I ran a Spitfire windshield for a few months this winter that I inherited with another bike and it definitely was better protection in nippy weather. One negative was a result of my still riding a lot on dirt or rough terrain and my feeling that I did not like having the top of the wind shield so close to my face in the event of laying the bike down or other gymnastics. For street riding that would be less of a concern. Mount up was easy with attachments on the bar although mine might have been a little more complicated by having the xt350 tank and Moose Racing hand guards (both of which take up room that might have been used by windscreen attachments. So Hornblower, shop around, read about wind shield dimensions etc and also consider handguards to deflect that wind from your hands on fall and winter rides. They are worth the money in comfort. You should find a post here that shows the Spitfire screen on my bike. Try a search. Welcome as well. Tom
    Tom - TW200 2002, Kawasaki VN 500 2006

Hidden Content

Central New Mexico

Try tciproductsusa.com. I bought a custom made windscreen for my TW. It does a great job but is pricey.

Hi and welcome to the forum! I have a blue Jimbo shield on my TW and love it. It does shield you on the highway and flips branches over your head on the trails. In the summer it gets covered in bugs...that other wise would be in my teeth. It was so easy to install and you dont have to drill or bolt it to your bike, just remove the headlight cowl, snap in place, reinstall the cowl. Took 5 minutes to install, its the easiest and the sharpest looking one out there.
    2009 TW200, Jimbo shield, 47&55T rear with DID chain, Maxxis Ceros Rear, Kendra 270 front, extended swing arm, 1"Risers, Rear rack, Raised front fender, XOG GPS.

Quote Originally Posted by MaineTW View Post
    Try tciproductsusa.com. I bought a custom made windscreen for my TW. It does a great job but is pricey.

Do you know the difference in size between the Jimbo and the TCI products shield? The Jimbo looks pretty small? Does the TCI function as a real windshield? About how tall is it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links