Gas mileage, trunk and seat cover questions
Close

Junior Member Trailway-2-Heaven's Avatar
    Hi. I'm just wondering if I'm getting the gas mileage that some of you seem to get. It's a 1.8l tank, right? I've read that some avg 80mpg. I went 97 miles the other day, then had to put it on reserve. I'm not sure how far I can go on reserve, so I went and filled up. But, shouldn't one get 120 miles or so on a single tank? Just wondering if there is something I should be doing or if this is average.

Also, I'm wondering what type of trunk some are using for their tw's. I want to get one, but don't want one too big, but would like to fit a full face, maybe a gallon of milk from time to time on the way home. lol Oh, and what about the seat? I bought a cushion seat from walmart, but I'm still sore after 30 minutes or so. Any suggestions for a seat cover/cushion that will fit this seat?

Ok, thanks so much

Quote Originally Posted by Trailway-2-Heaven View Post
    Hi. I'm just wondering if I'm getting the gas mileage that some of you seem to get. It's a 1.8l tank, right? I've read that some avg 80mpg. I went 97 miles the other day, then had to put it on reserve. I'm not sure how far I can go on reserve, so I went and filled up. But, shouldn't one get 120 miles or so on a single tank? Just wondering if there is something I should be doing or if this is average.

Also, I'm wondering what type of trunk some are using for their tw's. I want to get one, but don't want one too big, but would like to fit a full face, maybe a gallon of milk from time to time on the way home. lol Oh, and what about the seat? I bought a cushion seat from walmart, but I'm still sore after 30 minutes or so. Any suggestions for a seat cover/cushion that will fit this seat?

Ok, thanks so much
    1. 1.8 gallon tank

2. it really depends on how you ride and where. I have gotton 55-65 mile out of a tank. Thats riding on offrad trails in 1st 2nd and some 3rd. Im sure if you rode flat hwy, 5th gear and all down hill you could get alot more, just depends on the rider/terrain.

3. a pillow

1. 4.1 gallon Clarke tank rocks.

2. 40 to 101mpg, depending on jetting, how the bike is ridden, and quality of fuel.

3. We need a Tenderbutt award for whiners. Not really. Helps to stand on the pegs and while stopped at lights. Slide your butt forward at low speed and aft at high speed to take advantage of wind resistance to hold yourself up and move around the pressure points so no spot gets too sore. Shifting from arches on the pegs to toes on the opegs makes a difference. Even using the passenger pegs on the highway helps. Shifting positions every couple minutes helps.

Sponosred Links