TW200 - 2up?
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: TW200 - 2up?

Anybody else ride their TW200 2up with a passenger?

My wife has been coming with me a lot since I bought my 91 (in the scheme of things, anyway) and we have logged close to 300 miles on mixed dirt roads, ATV trails, back roads, and two lane hiways...

THIS IS FUN!

I know people complain about lack of power on the TW200... Mine is geared stock and jetted stock but the previous owner drilled out the airbox and messed with the muffler. This thing has plenty of power for the two of us @320lbs combined to cruise at 45/50mph and hit 55 pretty much whenever we need to.

Riding serious offroad with a passenger is pretty interesting. Great way to build skills and get practice. Nobody wants to tip over with their wife on the bike (would the end of that ever be heard?)

Sooooo does anyone else do this?
    ITCB

All loaded up for a 2-up camping weekend.

more pics http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c1.../TW%20Camping/
    overheat likes this.
    A very very wise man once said “it’s more fun to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow”.

"Now then get your weapons... and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me"
    Gen:27:3

“I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born.”
    -Ronald Reagan

What goes on the front rack??

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by terb View Post
    What goes on the front rack??

Anything flat that won't block the headlight. Ive put first-aid kit there. extra tubes front and rear.
    A very very wise man once said “it’s more fun to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow”.

"Now then get your weapons... and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me"
    Gen:27:3

“I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born.”
    -Ronald Reagan

More often than not. Now we are not real big people at 140 and 90 lbs, but the TW handles the load distribution quite well both on and off road. At times we have been on some moderately technical roads and had quite a challenge, but so far it has been great fun.

Once I find the time I plan to make a box/backrest/luggage rack that will accomodate a rider both for comfort and utility. Little tricky designing something that I would not have some big safety concerns with if we dump the bike in the dirt. Might try to relocate or add footpegs that would assist in off road riding at the same time.
    2008 TW200

2007 Triumph Scrambler (Sold)

I used to take my gf out on it. Did a little bit of mild off road but I dropped the bike once with her on it, getting a bit too spirited in the corners lol. Oh and I had my 14-44 gearing at that time.
    KJ, just KJ, ok.

Current rides:
    2004 GMC Sierra 1500, 1999 Toyota 4Runner

Past rides: 2015 Yamaha XT 250, 1997 Suzuki DR 200, 2007 Honda Ruckus, 2007 Yamaha TW 200, 2007 Kawasaki Ninja 500, 2009 Kawasaki KLX331S; 1994 GMC Sierra 1500, 1987 Nissan Pathfinder, 1992 Acura Integra, 1986 Honda CRX, 1989 Jeep Cherokee, 1994 Chevrolet Astro Van, 1979 Volkswagen Rabbit, 1984 Jeep Cherokee

I did a trip a while back, you can read it here if you're interested.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=498903

Awesome!

We haven't done any camping trips yet but hopefully soon. Need to get the wife a better helmet and jacket still. She is using my mom's DOT Bell snowmobile helmet and a leather jacket...

Missed a great deal on a modular helmet on craigslist about a week ago so we will probably just buy her a nice new one. Girls like shiny new things
    ITCB

Yes! The wife and I love taking the TW on gravel road tours, and visiting the small towns. The TW chugs right along. It's a nice change of pace from the FZ1.
    2007 FZ1

1991 TW200

1972 CB350

2006 Goldwing

2008 WR250R

Watch out. They's sneaky.

This is how it all starts.

They ride with you.

Giggle a lot. Look cute. Sometimes cute enough to marry. Make a dandy back rest.

Then one day you hear through the grapevine that they're sick of looking at the back of your head.

So you buy 'em a TW. They giggle even more. Look even cuter. But you've lost your back rest forever, cuz they're still sick of looking at the back of your head.

After awhile they want their own road bike, too. There goes yer back rest on long trips.

Then comes the gear. Then an even bigger bike, cuz why should you have all the fun? You become insecure, and learn the gymnastics required to check out the back of your head in the mirror. Is it really that ugly?

So you buy a couple more bikes to make yourself feel better. It becomes their strategy. You play right into it. Cuz they're cute.

Life as you knew it is over. But if you die tomorrow it'll take the funeral home a month to wipe the smile off yer face.

The world went to heck in a handbasket once we gave them the right to vote, I tell ya!

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links