Receiver hitch bike carrier ???
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Ok... I have researched several sites that have the receiver type carriers, What I am looking for is recommendations form someone who has actually used one. What are the pros and cons and which make they are really happy with. I plan on using a Toyota 4runner, if that makes any difference.

Thanks guys...

Quote Originally Posted by rastaman View Post
    Ok... I have researched several sites that have the receiver type carriers, What I am looking for is recommendations form someone who has actually used one. What are the pros and cons and which make they are really happy with. I plan on using a Toyota 4runner, if that makes any difference.

Thanks guys...

Im also looking for one, but want to make sure the big t dub tires will fit.

big tires fit on nearly all of them. Check the search function there are a couple of long threads on the subject.

Here is one: https://tw200forum.com/index.php?/top...__1#entry14630

Or let me remind you to do a search while in the overall forum screen instead of when one of the 6 individual forum sections is open. When you do this you get all threads not just the one if the subsections. One the other hand if you are wanting to buy a rack you would only search for stuff for sale in the for sale section.

So, search for hitch rack in the overall forum screen and you will get a dozen threads to read but be forewarned. Some folks like trailers and some folks like hitch racks. So its a bit of an emotional issue.

Tom
    Tom - TW200 2002, Kawasaki VN 500 2006

Hidden Content

Central New Mexico

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by peruano View Post
    big tires fit on nearly all of them. Check the search function there are a couple of long threads on the subject.

Here is one: https://tw200forum.com/index.php?/top...__1#entry14630

Or let me remind you to do a search while in the overall forum screen instead of when one of the 6 individual forum sections is open. When you do this you get all threads not just the one if the subsections. One the other hand if you are wanting to buy a rack you would only search for stuff for sale in the for sale section.

So, search for hitch rack in the overall forum screen and you will get a dozen threads to read but be forewarned. Some folks like trailers and some folks like hitch racks. So its a bit of an emotional issue.

Tom
    Yes thanks..I did read several post, however I dont recall anyone saying, I have this particular rack and it works great, etc....maybe I missed it....

Ok I found it...sorry didnt search right I guess....Thanks

Senior Member dstock@alaska.net's Avatar
    Purchased a Hitch-Haul this spring from Amazon, cost about $160 with free shipping. I'm very pleased with it, the TW rides well in it and loads easily enough on the supplied ramp. I've carried it both behind my 22 ft motor home and my Ford Sport Trac. On the motor home, great, hardly know it is there. On the Sport Trac I'm certainly aware of it hanging out there. While that works for short drives to get to trails within say 10 - 15 miles I wouldn't want to go a lot further with it.

I'll be getting a hitch for my TW200 soon, but not sure which one to get myself. Royal Distributing has a few though if you interested.

I purchased a hitch carrier from Harbour freight in Yuma AZ for $149.00. to bring home my wt200 to British Columbia. I have a hitch on my 2009 Jeep wrangler X which I tow behind our Motorhome. It worked out perfectly. I installed airlift in the rear shocks which leveled the load. An Aluminum rail rack with steel hitch tube with ramp. I have used it many times since . Very pleased.

I purchased one from J.C.Whitney ,if I remember $209.00 free shipping holds the bike OK.fits well behind my Jeep,Pickup,and fifth wheel.

rastaman.....I purchased a VersaHaul (thanks again Placerload) from the classifieds on this site and could not be happier!
    One of the reasons I went with this version is that it has a receiver hitch built into it, meaning I can tow my tent trailer with the motorcycle carrier installed.
    It made my life a lot simpler not having to remove my trucks canopy every time I wanted to load up my TW and take it somewhere.
    It rides like a dream, I hardly know it is even back there. I do take it easy on larger bumps as there is a little bit of sway, however 4 straps and I don't think my bike has every moved an inch.
    Great product and I highly recommend.

Last edited by Wingnut; 06-27-2013 at 08:54 PM.

Sprague River, Oregon in Summer, Salome, AZ in Winter
    I have the Harbor Freight Rack. It works fine. I do run an extra tie down from the ends of the rack up and over the top of the tail gate to a fixed point in the bed of my truck. Eliminates any "Shimmy" when a bump is struck.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links