Hello from an Ex Lurker
Close

I've had my TW and have enjoyed this site for awhile now. I appreciate all who've contributed to this and the old site, I've learned a lot and enjoyed your reports. Until now I haven't really had much to contribute. Recently I had to chase down and repair a couple of leaks. I'm working on a guide for base gasket replacement that I hope to post up soon. I have a TW200 built in late 1994, but registered as a 1995. It has the Smurftastic paint job that I kind of like I haven't had the time or money to do much in the way of improvements. However, when I bought the bike it had street tires, and since I love the dirt I bought and mounted a D606 on the front and a Ceros on the back. I also replaced the sprockets and put on an O ring chain. I recently picked up an XT350 gas tank, and look forward to getting that put on. It still needs grips, handguards, and a rack. I'm going to try for Gerry's rack. I hope to share some of my experience and reports to pay you all back for the enjoyment I've had over the past months. Keep the rubber side down!
    My handle is B-dub, I ride a T-dub, and drive a V-dub.

Well, Welcome! Glad that you have made the decision to add your knowledge/experiance to the pool. Beautiful scenery in your avatar!

Bag
    "The TW may be slow, but the Earth is patient" - MK

"If I'm wrong, and it turns out that you hate it, I'll send you all my Barry Manilow albums." LB

Hidden Content

Thanks. I live about 20 miles west of Zion National Park. There is a lot of beautiful country around here to enjoy and share. I hope to share some ride reports before the riding season is over for this year and look forward to seeing some from your neck of the woods.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

More info on the Ceros tire, please?

I have less than 700 miles on my Ceros, but so far everything has been positive. I was a little concerned how it would be cranked over in a turn, but it's been rock solid. It's not very noisy, unlike the D606 that I mounted up front. The Ceros is taller than the stock tire, so you can definitely feel a change in gearing. It is an ATV tire, which isn't a problem for me since my goal is to stay off the pavement as much as possible. When the Ceros is mounted on a TW rim it has a nice rounded profile. The tread is less aggressive than the Bighorn or Duro, but it suits my needs just fine. More info on this old thread here

Lets see a few pics of your bike. Im in the process of mounting a bighorn or terracross on mine. How much psi did it take to pop your bead?
    2008 TW200 with a super cool exhaust

On Page 2 of the thread I referenced above there are some good pictures of the Ceros mounted up. My bike even looks like TeeWee's. My Ceros fits in the swingarm fine, I didn't even have to modify the chain guard. It is close, though and I don't have a lot of travel for chain adjustment now. That hasn't been a problem with my O ring chain. I hope to stretch my swingarm this winter. On Page 3 TeeWee shows how he had to bevel the outside edge of the bead a little. I did the same. If I remember right it took about 75 to 80 pounds to pop, and it didn't do it immediately. I tried to use the least pressure possible to seat the bead, so it took me a little while. It sounds like you've read some of the threads on vuldub's sticky, but I would just emphasize the need to be careful when seating the bead. I laid mine on the ground under the back of my 3/4 ton Ford, used a clip on air-chuck on the valve stem, and controlled the pressure with the regulator. That way I didn't have to be near the tire. Mine turned out to be no big deal, but I've read accounts where the tire blew up, etc. Good luck.

Sponosred Links