Dual Sport Helmet Experience
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Just thought I'd share this experience. I was shopping around for a new dual sport helmet and was looking closely at the new model fly that hit the shops here recently. I went on line and discovered that "AFX has private-labeled the THH TX-26 helmet....and Fly has also!!!" I looked around and found an local on line shop that had the THH TX-26 and got a smart one with great graphics for 30% less including delivery than the Fly monochromes in the stores. The helmet arrived at my door an ahour ago and read the pamphlet. Says:

"THH is one of the largest safety helmet manufacturers in the world. A number of well-know private labels are also manufactured in our factories. . . THH is accredited by every major safety organisation as well as being accredited certified ISO 9001."

Most of their helmets are also Snell tested but guess this takes time. Here is the DOT test:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-zh40qtQ84

If I could get one delivered to my door on the southern tip of Africa way cheaper than a Fly then you all closer to the market hub should do even better.

This is where I had the aha! moment:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=664544

Here is the rebranded THH being sold as AFX. The one in the video on this site is identicle to mine excep the graphics on my THH are more detailed, not that that is of any concern.

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/a...l-sport-helmet

Please share any helmet experience here. I have had normal road full face and motocross and goggle combo’s but now want the best of both. I think I might have got it. Am going to go and ride and see.

Malcolm

I know there have been other helmet topics before, but this one caught my attention. I use an old MX helmet and goggles. Wearing goggles over my glasses has been a pain in the butt. And insects always seem to find just the right place to hit my face in between the goggles and front of the helmet.

These helmets you've shown here have a faceshield with the MX look. I like the faceshield MX look as I ride mostly on trails, and wouldn't interfere as much with my glasses, plus I don't want a true "road bike" style look.

Thanks for sharing.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

I love my AFX "dual-sport" helmet. As Admiral said, I wanted an "MX-style" helmet that didn't need goggles. Having the visor and face shield in one helmet has been awesome. This was better for me than a modular helmet ($$$) and will even admit to liking the looks of it more
    ITCB

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I have a Arai XD3 and I love it. It allows me to wear my sun glasses and I can put down the shield at higher speeds for the bugs. The peak is also helps a lot when riding into the sun but I need to find the right adjustment for higher speeds. Right now it makes a lot of noise at 55+ when at certain angels.

My afx visor is great for blocking the sun, as well. Standard practice so far has been shatter resistant sunglasses in the daytime, and clear safety glasses at night. Visor is flipped down over 40-45mph, or in rain/dust/thick peak bug hours. The afx makes little if any noise, up to the 65mph (indicated) my tdub has gone. They are DOT and whatever european thingy approved...
    ITCB

How are the face shields on the newer version? They were a bit odd to look through on the older ones.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

AFX FX-37DS

This is one of my helmets. I primarily use this one off street. It was less than $70 and I like it, although it runs a little small. It feels light and less claustrophobic than my street helmet. It is kind of noisy too at 55 mph.

Overall I like it, it's worth the money.

I have the same one and i love it
    2008 TW200 with a super cool exhaust

Quote Originally Posted by Chip Whiting View Post

AFX FX-37DS

Do you know if full size goggles can be worn with the face shield in the up position?

This is one of my helmets. I primarily use this one off street. It was less than $70 and I like it, although it runs a little small. It feels light and less claustrophobic than my street helmet. It is kind of noisy too at 55 mph.

Overall I like it, it's worth the money.

I bring goggles incase but yes they can be..normally its sunglasses for me, if i get behind a car i flip the sheild down.
    2008 TW200 with a super cool exhaust

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links