Converting to Enduro
Close

If I knew how I'd make the YZ into to a TW but still, this is how a guy called old fart recommends the YZ get converted to enduro . . .

Take a look at Brock's bike. Repeat as needed.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Where can I see Brock's ?

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Use the search function.

Basic formula includes high fender, longer fork tubes from an older YZ, longer rear shock from another Yamaha product, aftermarket exhaust and possibly the tank and shrouds from a TTR.

IMO Brock's is one of the cleanest examples because started with one of the more appealing color combos and kept it simple.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

I found Brock's bike. Very neat, but if I want to do that kind of hard core enduro I'd get a bike made for it that can take tire made to cut intoand throw outdirt, not float over it and clog. In fact I'd do that kind of territory on a horse rather because their clearance and ride height is great and they can jump gulleys that bikes have to go through and they don't have dangerous bits of metal on them if they happen to fall which they avoid at all costs. They are also more environmentally friendly and don't make noise pollution.

Gonna love my TW just the way she is. Catamount who started the blaster shock thread had this to say. He speaks wisdom methinks.

Code:
    After:

Posted Image

Now that I've got some miles on the TW, I can give some actual thought to the positives and negatives of the Blaster shock.

Honestly, I've really enjoyed the ride quality of the Blaster shock so far. It handles fine on dirt and pavement and the squat is just about the same as the stock original. I have not done much trail riding yet so I can't comment on how it responds to washboard type riding.

One thing I wasn't expecting... I miss the seat height of the OEM shock!

One of the things that really made me fall in love with the TW, now that I think about it, was how approachable of a bike it was. The low seat was so non-menacing. It is much less approachable when you have to stand on your tip toes to mount up! And I'm 5'11".

Another thing you have to expect: having a high rear and stock front means that you're going to be pushed into the tank when you hit the brakes. I liked this less than I thought I would. I didn't think I would mind it.

For this reason, and because I want my shorter friends to enjoy the bike as well, I'll probably revert back to the stock shock.

There is something to be said about walking over to a short bike and easily hopping on. I miss that part of my TW and am going to get that back!

Sponosred Links