CYCLE RACK contest=ALL HELP PLEASE
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

THIS PROJECT HAS ENDED. 9/10/11

The contest to win a Cycle Rack by presenting the 'BEST' new sticky post is at an end. I am under the impression that we had only 4 entries. The entries are presented here (links) and I would like those so inclined to post an opinion as to which entry should be awarded the Cycle-rack.

Thanks, Gerry

http://tw200forum.co...et-replacement/

http://tw200forum.co...2622-tw200-cdi/

http://tw200forum.co...y-sticky-entry/

http://tw200forum.co...c/2819-tw-tips/

Appreciated all the effort. If I missed an entry PLEASE LET ME KNOW A.S.A.P

Take care my Friend.........

I tried to do some work cleaning stuff up and moving it to the first page of my thread (links, wiring diagram and such), as it sort of turned into a free-for-all of information that one could get lost in...
    ITCB

I'll cast my vote for Operose's CDI thread. I've never met the guy, but he has to be a very patient and persistent man to stick with the problem the way he has. A lot of research has been done, and a significant amount of time and effort has been spent trying to understand and fix his broken CDI. Thanks also to those who've contributed to the thread. While the problem isn't totally solved yet, I believe much progress has been made. As our bikes continue to age and parts become more scarce and expensive the solution to the CDI problem could make the difference between retiring our older bikes or keeping them in service. I believe adapting a CDI from another source is the way to go, but I hope those with the expertise will stick with it until the solution is found. Maybe in the meantime Operose could sell the Cyclerack and put the money towards a CDI to get his bike back on the trail.
    My handle is B-dub, I ride a T-dub, and drive a V-dub.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I'm gonna go ahead and vote for operose as well: maybe its a bit of conflict of interest, but I haven't helped him [much] through his CDI debacle, other than providing a clean running bike/CDI to test his work/results against, and some moral support.

The amount of research he's performed, collected, and provided along with the few other folks that have been assisting with their vast knowledge of strange things may be the ticket to keeping older bikes (like mine!) running for years to come. Folks with pre-1998 TWs may have that particular thread to thank when inevitably the capacitors and thyristors in their CDI decide to grenade. Obviously Yamaha isn't being of much help..
    --

1997 TW, well loved, a bit modified.

I've gotta give my vote to B-dub for his superb tutorial on replacing the base gasket. His pictures are excellent and the detailed instructions are sufficient for even novice mechanics to tackle this job. Your trick of using a closed end wrench to get extra reach/leverage on an allen wrench is priceless. Thanks!

Brian

B-dub's base gasket tutorial gets my vote. Great step-by-step with really good pictures. I feel like, even I could tackle this issue as long as I have a copy of his walkthrough printed out. This is why I LOVE this forum!
    '13 690 Enduro R too many frickin farkles...
    '07 KLX250 farkled (wife's bike)
    '86 BW80 farkled to size
    '10 TW200 you will be missed

B-dubs base gasket post has my vote. Well done!
    2007 FZ1

1991 TW200

1972 CB350

2006 Goldwing

2008 WR250R

All are excellent resources.

IMHO its very close between Bdub and operose.

I say Bdub.
    Hidden Content

2007 T'dub

Cyclerack/Dual Northern Tool Boxes/AVG Miglia Helmet/Infamous Tubes/Fanny Pack/ATV Tank bag

Appreciate the time that many of you are taking to 'evaluate' the entries. My hope is to be able to ship the rack 9/8/11 so please continue to provide feed back until then. Thanks. Gerry
    Take care my Friend.........

Thanks to Senor Gizmo for providing the incentive which generated these posts, and to all who take the extra time "while they're in there" to take and edit pics, compose the text and get it out there for the benefit of others.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links