Jimbo Shield
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jimbo Shield

Hi all,

Does anyone know if Jimbo is still selling his shield?Dropped an email a couple days ago with no response.I'm new to site so any help would be appreciated. Vmaxer

i got poor response also so I bought a Baja shield from C-Bailey, same price twice as big.

I just ordered one. His response only took a few days, i'm in no rush. Looking forward to installing it on my 89 that I got about a month ago. Mike
    Mike Carter. Woodland, California (NorCal). '89 Tw200 (Black Widow Edition). Blood red Jimbo shield, Cycleracks, Nuvi 500 GPS, Kolpin fuel pack jr., D shield bark busters, 55t rear sprocket, Golden boy front tire, Ricochet shield.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

He's prolly out doing something lame like saving lives on his real job. Slacker.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hey guys, give the man a break. He is a person and a professional fireman who happens to produce things of use to the tw community. He probably doesn't sit next to his computer with baited breath waiting for an order for shield. I'd bet if you gave him a few days, he'd respond when he saw your message and could answer your query. Thats probably as much as you would expect from most commercial suppliers. JMHO. Tom
    Tom - TW200 2002, Kawasaki VN 500 2006

Hidden Content

Central New Mexico

+1
    '13 690 Enduro R too many frickin farkles...
    '07 KLX250 farkled (wife's bike)
    '86 BW80 farkled to size
    '10 TW200 you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by lizrdbrth View Post
    He's prolly out doing something lame like saving lives on his real job. Slacker.

+1. How dare he put people's lives ahead of our beloved TW's.

Jim's shields are the best and well worth the wait. I have seen others and still think his looks and fits the best, mine was so easy to install and has already saved me from thousands of bugs. Just a few weekends ago as i was plowing trail though some over grown trail, I simple tucked in behind the shield and carried on. It wasn't till I sat up that I caught one on the nose and cut it open that I truely realized the value of the Jimbo! Jim made me a dark blue one that matches my '09 so well, everyone thinks it came on the bike from the factory. When the day comes that Jim retires from the shield building business, I would gladly take over and start production here in canada (with a cut of the proceeds going back to Jim I am sure). I have got a tig welder set up and hope to start making custom racks and engine guards for the TW. Also have a friend thats producing LED programable tail lights for motorcycles and he measured up mine for a drop in upgrade for the existing lense, I will post it soon as it gets installed. So if you havent got a reply from Jim yet, hang in there!
    2009 TW200, Jimbo shield, 47&55T rear with DID chain, Maxxis Ceros Rear, Kendra 270 front, extended swing arm, 1"Risers, Rear rack, Raised front fender, XOG GPS.

well, let's see...... it's fire season.... jim's a fireman.... hmmmmmmm

ps... i love my jimbo shield. it deflects wind on the road, not in the way offroad
    2009 WR250R

2005 V-Strom

1993 Shadow 1100 with Ural sidecar

2008 H-D Ultra Classic

2009 Zuma 125

2004 Zuma 50

2000 WR400F

HEADLINE: "ONE LEGGED MAN ENTERS FANNY KICKING CONTEST AND ATTEMPTS TO WIN !!!"

Hello Fellow TW Riders! I have been very busy my friends. I am slowly getting back on top of things. my cell phone just got zapped but I am getting a new one today via Asurion through UPS at 3:00PM.

I am out in the Barn making shields and investigating a squeaking problem that might be a defective shield so I can check my process out to see if there is an issue there. Thanks for the input, positive and negitive. To each their own. the shield was a personal project for my wants and needs. and I decided to share it with my friends here, I never thought it would get going like this, nor did I ever expect I would be shipping them to Russia, Austrailia, Italy, The Arctic Circle, YIKES !!! I didn't attempt to make the Swiss Army Knife of windshields. It was very "Mission Specific" There are bigger and Better universal shields out there and I usually point people to them.

I am having a good time with all of you and want to take care of every issue I can help with. But it's just me, one guy with limited orginizational skills, I promised my self I wouldn't let this hobby of mine rule my remaining days on this Earth, mess up my relationship with my loved ones etc. However I have discovered that you guys are in my family now too. So I will do the best I can, and extend my appologys to those who need immediate ebay like response (I guess I would get a poor response if I had an Ebay Biz) . I like quickness my self. I expect manufacturers to be extreemly fast and have a staff of people ready to grab the phone on the first ring. I like being served like that, so I understand.

I have a limited shelf life on this earth, so how do I live with love, respect among men, be productive, and communicate to all those who I come in contact with that they are truly important? I'm not a big time biz-guy and dont want to be one. when I make these things I find myself thinking about the the Rider that will be using this shield, moving through their life on a very humble but amazing bike, be it on a dirt road, climbing a rutted out hill far from home, rush hour freeway, small town errand bike, or metropollis coffee run, whatever... and that journey is PERILOUS (Yes!)and an ADVENTURE (For Sure!) So at the risk of being offensive to some. I will confess to you that I ask God to watch over whoever it is that is connected to the shield that I'm holding, and help them figure out what they need to in this perilous adventure, and help me too !

I really dont have the DRIVE to be a big time biz, I am creative, scatter-brained, and have alot of wounds from childhood, I dont know if I ever will set that "Big Time" goal.

But I do Know Who I am, What I want, What I need, and Where I am going. It's a pleasure and honor to know you guys and if it wasn't for this forum I would have never met RonnyDog, my true friend who is the only man I know that can listen and look me in the eye and ask: "You want some advise Jim?" and if I would have said no he would have been perfictly happy with that. but I said yes and he said with total sensearity and confident humility "You Need to grow up Jim" Ronny has guts enough to risk friendship for the greater good. So I'm working on growing up my friends.

P.S.(?) is Jimbo getting burned out? (((NOT!!!))) I am currently making a Production jig for stretching swing arms.(Because it's fun and someone might need one) Ride Well!
    For inquires please email me at Hidden Content for ordering info. If requesting a shield please include :NAME,FORUM NAME,PHONE #,SHIPPING ADDRESS,AND COLOR CHOICE,(Jet Black, Smoke Grey, Crystal Clear, Dark Blue, Neon Edge Glow -Light Blue & Neon Edge Glo Hi-Vis Orange )

RIDE WELL, JIMBO C.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links