End of the season
Close

Tomorrow I climb onto an airplane and will be away from home until the end of October so today it is again time to run through the drill of putting my TW to bed for the winter

A short riding season for me this year - only 10 days but my son knew where the keys were and he got the bike out early and used her to get ready for riding in southern Canada for the run to Sturgis.

This year's drill will be slightly different - I am going to hook up a small solar charger to keep the battery happy through the winter - other than that - stabilize the gas and run the carb dry - to cold to wash her this fall will have to do that next spring.

Keep those riding tails coming folks - they help sustain us until next spring when the twitch in my wrisit gets changed into twisting a throttle once again.

Quote Originally Posted by polarpilot View Post
    Tomorrow I climb onto an airplane and will be away from home until the end of October so today it is again time to run through the drill of putting my TW to bed for the winter

A short riding season for me this year - only 10 days but my son knew where the keys were and he got the bike out early and used her to get ready for riding in southern Canada for the run to Sturgis.

This year's drill will be slightly different - I am going to hook up a small solar charger to keep the battery happy through the winter - other than that - stabilize the gas and run the carb dry - to cold to wash her this fall will have to do that next spring.

Keep those riding tails coming folks - they help sustain us until next spring when the twitch in my wrisit gets changed into twisting a throttle once again.

Living here in AZ, is almost like living in the southern hemisphere. We are just now entering our riding season. In fact, just yesterday I put on new sprockets, an o-ring chain, a cyclerack, some agri-tubes, checked the valve clearance, and changed the oil.

If you have ethanol in your gas, drain the tank, run the carb dry with the enricher on, and use fogging oil in the tank. 8 weeks is pushing it with E10, even with additives. E0 will be fine with just running the carb dry and filling the tank to avoid condensation, though.

Air up the tires to max so they don't go flat as quickly, which can let the bike fall over.

Put the battery and solar charger in the house. Cold kills batteries as much as time does.

Finally, change the oil and do not run the bike after doing so. Combustion byproducts combine with condensation in the opil to form acids that can damage internal engine parts. Changing the oil removes quite a bit of the combustion byproducts, reducing the risk significantly.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

That is sad to have to put your bike up for winter. I just take it for granted that I can ride whenever I want.

At least your TW won't be as lonely with a battery tender attached . Have a fun winter, which where you live has started already right? Good luck next riding season.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Sponosred Links