WOOHOO!!
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WOOHOO!!

After 2 weeks waiting for the vendor to send the right darn sprocket, Tdub rides again!!! (I was having withdrawals.)

How many teeth were you waiting for?
    2008 TW200 with a super cool exhaust

Qwerty, which sprocket is more preferable, an aluminum or steel? are there any major differences?

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Glad to hear you're back on the trail again! Yeah, 2 weeks is a long time without a ride on the Tdub.
    My handle is B-dub, I ride a T-dub, and drive a V-dub.

Q, next time let me know, I have a couple spares sitting around, I'd have happily shipped you one as a 'get by' part. Had shoulder surgery this summer and had to go 30 days with no ride . . . just thinking about it makes the back of my neck itch . . . .

Bag
    "The TW may be slow, but the Earth is patient" - MK

"If I'm wrong, and it turns out that you hate it, I'll send you all my Barry Manilow albums." LB

Hidden Content

I was waiting for a 52T. First fender from which I ordered finally admitted he couldn't get one after stringing me along for 3 weeks. Second vendor sent a 50T instead of a 52T, and I didn't check until ready to install. He would not ship the replacement until he received the return, then waited 2 days according to tracking to ship the replacement, which is what took so long. I have 50T, 51T, 54T, 55T, and 60T on the shelf, but I have not been satisfied with any of those with the commuting I'm doing these days. I'll use them on future TW projects when I get back to riding for fun. Anywho, Tdub's good for another 25,000 miles, which will be 15 years worth of riding with my current sucky lifestyle.

EDIT: I wouldn't run an aluminum sprocket on anything other than a competition bike--they wear too fast.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty View Post
    EDIT: I wouldn't run an aluminum sprocket on anything other than a competition bike--they wear too fast.

Have you had the chance to test one of the two-piece aluminum/steel sprockets where the inner part is aluminum and the outer ring (about 1") including the teeth is steel?

I haven't had any issues in the sportbike world, nor have I heard of anyone who have had them separate. Riding on trails is a lot different though. I can't see there being much of a benefit for the TW as the rear tire's rolling mass/unsprung weight is so heavy as is, the sprocket wouldn't make much of a difference. I'm still curious though.
    2008 TW200 Yamaha luggage rack w/small el-cheapo JC Whitney trunk and large tool tube, Jimbo Shield, re-wired headlight, Blaster Shock waiting to be installed.

1989 TW200 Work in Progress

1994 ZX6E (rebuilt transmission, then rebuilt replacement motor, then rebuilt transmission in replacement motor, fun fun) large JC Whitney trunk fixed to the back of a computer chair re-welded to make a nifty luggage rack

I've never used or even seen a composite sprocket. Why bother?

Congrats on getting it back together!

I waited forever and a few days before I could ride mine again, and it sucked. Have ridden it every day since then though, through rain and 50*F temps.

Nothing beats the TW200 on the fun per mile scale
    ITCB

Glad your back in business Q. I recently put a 52 on mine and am pretty satisfied with it. (coming from the standard 50)

Bag
    "The TW may be slow, but the Earth is patient" - MK

"If I'm wrong, and it turns out that you hate it, I'll send you all my Barry Manilow albums." LB

Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links