state laws for riding motorcycles
Close

where i live in northeast ct, there are not many trails to ride. there is some but not too many that offer miles of good TW trails. when you do head out onto these trails you may run into the dept of environmental protection "DEP" who are usually very nasty to you and just give you a fine for riding on state property. so ill head over into northwest rhode island and cruise around on the fire access roads which are perfect for the TW. when i come across the big headed park rangers they say no riding, but when i encounter the dept of enviornmental management "DEM" the people with guns and a badge, they say im good to ride because im registered and have a exhaust with a USFS approved spark arrestor. so whats the point of this post your might ask, im just wondering what are the state laws where you live concerning riding on dirt state roads?

On state lands there are designated areas and roads for ORV use. Stay on them or suffer the consequences.

This should help for New York State, but federal, State, and local laws apply at the ocean
    Hidden Content

2007 T'dub

Cyclerack/Dual Northern Tool Boxes/AVG Miglia Helmet/Infamous Tubes/Fanny Pack/ATV Tank bag

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Hey Zannini, I am here north of Seattle. We have land usually used for logging and reforestation that is run by the DNR Department of Natural Resources. It is also state land and we have a right to ride it. Most all the ORV areas here are DNR land. I have seen numerous work crews of gangster kids who got busted. Pretty funny to be banging out singletrack and come across a bunch of Hommies workin on our trails!!

I got an XT 225 for my sister in law. She didnt have time to look for a bike or have the knowledge. I wound up with the bike for a good 3 weeks before she picked it up. SOOOO as I was out snoopin around a place that was ridden, "back in the Day", according to a couple guys I know,I discovered a whole trail system, new and old. I came across a woman walking her dogs who lived up against the land. She verified that it is mostly DNR and some private land. She said her family rides quads on it. So I carefully asked around and no one had ever ridden there or heard of it. So just when I thought my secret spot was super secret, A friend of mine found a friend of his that helped build there. Apparently the guys who built the more recent trails dont ride much anymore. SO I pretty much have a private spot with double and singletrack! I still have never seen another bike out there. But I have seen tracks that were not mine. How cool is that! It reminds me of knowing about a back yard pool to skate! (I am a life long pool skater) So come on out and i will take ya there.

captain obvious strikes again.

Sponosred Links