Newfoundland and Labrador
Close

Dear TW Buddies,

I just joined this site because I found it while searching google to see if anyone had ridden thier Tdub across the trans Labrador highway yet. A discussion started by a guy named Mike popped up on your site. He was trying to get a group together to ride Nfld and Lab this past June. Anyone know if they ever did it? I left our farm in Maine on August first and got back Sept 14th I think. Did the full loop- Maine, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, East end of Newfoundland across to western tip, whole trans Labrador highway, down through Quebec and home. It was freaking awesome! My buddy here expanded my gas tank and I had one of those kolpin cans screwed down onto my rear rack. Had to add a soda bottle to the gas storage for one run. Met some guys on 650 bmws that wished they had a bike like our beloved tws- there was a foot and a half of live gravel in places that scared the living daylights out of me. I highly recommend this ride, so let me know if you want hints in planning it, people to visit etc.

Love, Molly

Welcome MB! What a great first post, sharing info on an epic ride! It sounds like a ride of a lifetime, I'm jealous, of the ride and the timeline, 6 weeks straight of riding great areas . . . sigh . . . good on you!

I hope you have pics top share with us and again, welcome !

Bag
    "The TW may be slow, but the Earth is patient" - MK

"If I'm wrong, and it turns out that you hate it, I'll send you all my Barry Manilow albums." LB

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Bagger View Post
    Welcome MB! What a great first post, sharing info on an epic ride! It sounds like a ride of a lifetime, I'm jealous, of the ride and the timeline, 6 weeks straight of riding great areas . . . sigh . . . good on you!

I hope you have pics top share with us and again, welcome !

Bag

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I will put some photos on here and my profile picture when the kids come home from college to show me how! Not good at this computer stuff, but at least I figured out the first part. Thanks for the reply. Glad to now be able to talk with othet TW riders. What a fun bike. Love, Molly

Quote Originally Posted by Mollybones View Post
    Dear TW Buddies,

I just joined this site because I found it while searching google to see if anyone had ridden thier Tdub across the trans Labrador highway yet. A discussion started by a guy named Mike popped up on your site. He was trying to get a group together to ride Nfld and Lab this past June. Anyone know if they ever did it? I left our farm in Maine on August first and got back Sept 14th I think. Did the full loop- Maine, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, East end of Newfoundland across to western tip, whole trans Labrador highway, down through Quebec and home. It was freaking awesome! My buddy here expanded my gas tank and I had one of those kolpin cans screwed down onto my rear rack. Had to add a soda bottle to the gas storage for one run. Met some guys on 650 bmws that wished they had a bike like our beloved tws- there was a foot and a half of live gravel in places that scared the living daylights out of me. I highly recommend this ride, so let me know if you want hints in planning it, people to visit etc.

Love, Molly

Would very much like to know the routes/roads you took on this trip from Maine and back. Its on my list of trips to do when I get retired. Thanks Molly. Capt D.
    2011 WR250R
    2007 TW200
    2007 KLR 650

Quote Originally Posted by Mollybones View Post
    I will put some photos on here and my profile picture when the kids come home from college to show me how! Not good at this computer stuff, but at least I figured out the first part. Thanks for the reply. Glad to now be able to talk with othet TW riders. What a fun bike. Love, Molly

We followed Molly's quest closely while she was here and several threads on www.ridetherock.com include photos. Here are links to a few.

http://ridetherock.com/forums/showth...ighlight=molly

http://ridetherock.com/forums/showth...ighlight=molly
    Steve

------------------------

2006 TW200

Do you still have that lovely expanded tank, or did the bad guys get it?

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hi Molly

wow what a great story, and happy ending to your initial loss of your bike.

Sponosred Links