70mph
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 70mph

I now know my stock (for now) TW will do 70mph flat out with my 190lb butt. My wife called yesterday with chest pains. Shes fine, bruised rib, probably from my 1 year old boy playing a little rough.

Glad to hear your wife is OK. 70mph on a TW??!! - Mine might go that fast ...in freefall over a cliff! My max to date is about 58 mph and that is hairy enough for an old guy like me.

Quote Originally Posted by sMoOsHy View Post
    I now know my stock (for now) TW will do 70mph flat out with my 190lb butt. My wife called yesterday with chest pains. Shes fine, bruised rib, probably from my 1 year old boy playing a little rough.
    my 01 has done 70 w/ 47 rear sprocket. bike is definitely not happy @ that speed: a little twitchy (maybe that was me). much happier below 60mph.

cheers.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by sMoOsHy View Post
    I now know my stock (for now) TW will do 70mph flat out with my 190lb butt.....

I had a GPS like that once..

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

70 mph not for me on the TW. )))))))

My best is 78 MPH clocked on my GPS. Nice flat stretch with a 20 MPH tail wind.
    Stephen S.

'07 TW200:

15/50 sprockets, O-ring chain, D2Moto foot pegs

tweaked carb (127.5 jet, 0.019 needle shim, idle screw @2.25),

Rubbermaid "Action Packer" on homemade brackets

Quote Originally Posted by srs713 View Post
    My best is 78 MPH clocked on my GPS. Nice flat stretch with a 20 MPH tail wind.

I had mine up to 72 while sitting up. It's an '08 do they have more power?

Owen

Glad to hear your wife is okay, that's the most important thing. However on the note of top-speed TW's Monday night I needed to pick a truck up from a repair shop ~40 miles from where I live. My options were to drive my Manx-style Dune Buggy down there and flat-tow it back home behind the repaired truck, however the truck didn't have a hitch (easily fixed) or electrical for towing (not worth a ticket IMHO) plus it was ~90 degrees and the prospect of driving an air-cooled car with no top which tends to run hot anyways in So.Cal. traffic didn't seem to appealing.

So the TW was drafted. I opted to take side-streets until I got to the 241 toll road, I figured the speeds would be faster on the toll road but the volume of cars would be lighter. It was but it required running the TW at WOT for about thirty minutes. Other than climbing a large hill where I had to drop-down to fourth and ~50 MPH it held 70 no problem. My TW does have the smaller rear sprocket which helped. I managed to make it to the repair shop in just over an hour, which was good, loaded my TW in the back of the truck, strapped it down and drove home. Plus, and this was unexpected, carrying a TW in the back of a 10 year old Chevy pick-up makes the truck so much cooler =)

--Kevin
    '04 TW - Ricochet skid plate, IMS pegs, Odyssey battery, Seat Concepts seat, wide front tire. Geared low N' Slow Hidden Content

Honda Grom
    KTM 990 Adventure

My 07 with only an fmf duel core and holes drilled in the air box will cruise 68 mph and hold 72 althogh i still get run over here in Sac. Ca. I80 is nuts. I did drop 3 teeth on the back though. Still have plenty in the number one for wheelies and hill climbs,

Tdub will run 74 on the flat with no wind. 15/50 sprockets.

She has seen 84 twice, down hill, with a tail wind, behind a semi. 15/47 sprockets.

Speedo verified by calibrated radar. Fortunately, the LEO is a rider and found an 84mph TW simply amazing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links