On my oath I built this 2011 TW myself!
Close

Today I signed an affidavit swearing on oath that I built this bike myself. I had bought her on a government auction with scarpping papers and an invoice. But to relicense the bike so I can ride on public roads, roadworthiness cert and the the papers and an invoice was not enough. I had to take her to the police vehicle theft unit to check she was not stolen and the swear I rebuilt her myself. On the form I had to put down the parts I used adn where I bought them and provide the invoice. I put down that she was built from a Yamaha TW200 and that part was bought from the government. I did not say it was the same government that forces us to lie under oath.

So from civil to private service she becomes 16 years younger. See how she is full of the joys of spring taking me fishing now she is no longer a civil servant. I could not enter this pic in the competition since it is not fall here (that's the UScentric theme), but put it there too for fun. Anyhow I now can get a license plate which has been the hardest part of this TDub, the rest has bee a joy.

Big Torque-

How interesting! Sounds like you maintained your integrity pretty much. Usually its the salespeople that stretch the truth.

It looks good for a teenager. Many happy clicks. That's Canadian for kilometer; I don't know if is in S.A. or not.

Do you know what the decibel rating is on that muffler?

--GB

Gummint iz Gummint. I've signed many an affadavit over here as well. Go along to get along.

Does little good to stand on principle when the person in charge has none.

"Fall" isn't as US-centric as you would be led to believe. Here in the desert we have strict ordinances against it.

Congrats on the new addition.

Now, about that muffler....

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by lizrdbrth View Post
    Gummint iz Gummint. I've signed many an affadavit over here as well. Go along to get along.

Does little good to stand on principle when the person in charge has none.

"Fall" isn't as US-centric as you would be led to believe. Here in the desert we have strict ordinances against it.

Congrats on the new addition.

Now, about that muffler....

Muffler looks like a Honda 200 Reflex. Oh sorry 196cc.

Ronnydog

Shuddup, you!

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Big Torque View Post
    Today I signed an affidavit swearing on oath that I built this bike myself. I had bought her on a government auction with scarpping papers and an invoice. But to relicense the bike so I can ride on public roads, roadworthiness cert and the the papers and an invoice was not enough. I had to take her to the police vehicle theft unit to check she was not stolen and the swear I rebuilt her myself. On the form I had to put down the parts I used adn where I bought them and provide the invoice. I put down that she was built from a Yamaha TW200 and that part was bought from the government. I did not say it was the same government that forces us to lie under oath.

So from civil to private service she becomes 16 years younger. See how she is full of the joys of spring taking me fishing now she is no longer a civil servant. I could not enter this pic in the competition since it is not fall here (that's the UScentric theme), but put it there too for fun. Anyhow I now can get a license plate which has been the hardest part of this TDub, the rest has bee a joy.

I see a spot of yellow in the trees. I'd call it fall color, and besides most of us would not have realized it wasn't fall in South Africa. Congratulations on overcoming the red tape and bored officials. Tom
    Tom - TW200 2002, Kawasaki VN 500 2006

Hidden Content

Central New Mexico

Quote Originally Posted by lizrdbrth View Post
    Shuddup, you!

Yamaha YTM 200cc muffler?

Ronnydog

looks like a beautiful lake to go fishing. im just wondering, what species of fish you catch over in africa? anything like the largemouth bass we catch here in the good ole USA? BTW nice bike! i got one of those TW thingies too.

Not sure about the decibels of the muffler. It is quieter with the baffle box than a straight through pipe by a long way, but has the deep authoritative timbre of something bigger than the sound of a stock TW. It's custom and I haven't seen the like before. That, and the fat tyres is why I bidded a bit high on her as a non-runner with no keys on the auction, but she has proved to be a runner alright.

Yup we've got bass and that lake is a an important reservoir supplying major cities downstream. The bass come from US of A as do the Rainbows in the lakes higher upstream. The browns in some some of our rivers come from Scotland as do the Browns in the US. So the T-Dub does a good job of getting me to the waters edge, but now with a license plate can get me into town to run errands on hot days like today.

Malcolm

Sponosred Links