EBC Clutch kits
Close

Thread: EBC Clutch kits

Hi guys,

I was browsing Ebay and found an EBC clutch rebuild kit for $25 and i was wondering if anyone has any input on these as my tw is definitely in need of new plates and disks . I just need to know if there worth the work and $ as most of the time i find them for around $50 .

Thanks in advance

-josh-
    --If at first you don't succeed try, try again. If you still don't succeed BEAT IT WITH A HAMMER!--

The last 14 clutch threads...........................................

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&b...w=1280&bih=915

i cant say in a tdub but im not into EBC. ive always gone with vesrah clutchs. but that just me. i like a clutch with a smooth friction zone.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by mr zannini View Post
    i cant say in a tdub but im not into EBC. ive always gone with vesrah clutchs. but that just me. i like a clutch with a smooth friction zone.
    ive read that the EBC's are grabby but havent really heard anything about the vesrah's
    --If at first you don't succeed try, try again. If you still don't succeed BEAT IT WITH A HAMMER!--

ive taken bikes for a ride that have EBC clutchs and ive found that the clutch is kinda off then on. what i mean is that when you are letting out the clutch lever the clutch goes from disengaged to engaged very fast. i run the vesrah clutch and i find that you have more of a friction zone to play with. example: when your approaching a stop light you can keep the clutch in the friction zone while controlling the power of the bike better, say you dont wanna come to a complete stop because you know the light will cange very soon. i just hold the clutch lever about at the half way point which keeps the engine power at a min but still enough to slightly keep the bike rolling. because you have a wider friction zone taking off when the light turns green is soo much smoother. i also find it much easier to control the TW when im on tight trails with tight turns.

Quote Originally Posted by mr zannini View Post
    ive taken bikes for a ride that have EBC clutchs and ive found that the clutch is kinda off then on. what i mean is that when you are letting out the clutch lever the clutch goes from disengaged to engaged very fast. i run the vesrah clutch and i find that you have more of a friction zone to play with. example: when your approaching a stop light you can keep the clutch in the friction zone while controlling the power of the bike better, say you dont wanna come to a complete stop because you know the light will cange very soon. i just hold the clutch lever about at the half way point which keeps the engine power at a min but still enough to slightly keep the bike rolling. because you have a wider friction zone taking off when the light turns green is soo much smoother. i also find it much easier to control the TW when im on tight trails with tight turns.
    thanks for taking the time to explain that ! its just the info i was looking for

Sponosred Links