The Rider Wave
Close

Poll: Do you wave?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Rider Wave

I am new to riding and the rider wave was something that I thought was really cool. You would see two guys pass each other and they would nod and give each other the lazy peace sign as they rode past each other. Cool stuff!

But, some people wave and some don't. I heard of Harley guys not waving to Asian bikes, but from what I have experienced it is 50/50 if someone is going to wave, dosn't matter what kind of bike. I am talking back straight roads, in all styles of bikes.

Then when I wave and they don't, guess who feels like a d-bag? Me.

Any thoughts?

Final thought I waved to two guys on big scooters and they almost crapped themselves (they looked at each other in amazement, then massive smiles smeared their faces) and then they waved back Fanatically. I am glad I made their day, but not the type of cool I was shooting for.

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by ceramite View Post
    I am new to riding and the rider wave was something that I thought was really cool. You would see two guys pass each other and they would nod and give each other the lazy peace sign as they rode past each other. Cool stuff!

But, some people wave and some don't. I heard of Harley guys not waving to Asian bikes, but from what I have experienced it is 50/50 if someone is going to wave, dosn't matter what kind of bike. I am talking back straight roads, in all styles of bikes.

Then when I wave and they don't, guess who feels like a d-bag? Me.

Any thoughts?

Final thought I waved to two guys on big scooters and they almost crapped themselves (they looked at each other in amazement, then massive smiles smeared their faces) and then they waved back Fanatically. I am glad I made their day, but not the type of cool I was shooting for.

Adam

If you do a search, someone actually made a video of all the different style of waves. It was hilarious!
    Hidden Content

2005 TW200 (SOLD)
    2013 DR650

Ceramite,

But Who is the dirt-bag when they don't wave at you? They have every right to salute you or not; just be that better person you are called to be.

GB

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I do when I can. whether it's a 50cc automatic or a crazy ass 6200cc boss hoss.

It's just part of the ride - and especially if you're having a really good time it's a way to show that. Don't feel bad if they don't give one back, they may have been busy working the controls, paying attention to a road hazard and didn't see you until it was too late, dodging a dumbass, the list goes on.

I get one back probably 75% of the time.
    2008 CRF230L

2006 CBR1000RR

2007 CB919 - 70k Miles and still runs like new!

* 2001 TW200 (Sold after 15k miles of fun)

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqykEhOIaRk[/media]

Is this it? I have seen his videos but I hadn't seen this video before 5 minutes ago.

Thank you Greybeard, I really appreciate that.

That maybe true Dark Sol, I hadn't thought about it that way. When I am riding I always seem to be dogging a pot-hole or an a-hole (I live in Baltimore, ride away from Baltimore on the weekends).

I only wave if it's below 32*F or raining. Can't stand fair-weather wannabes.

I read an article in Cafe Racer? a while back by a lady from the U.S. riding in England(and maybe Europe). They do not wave. They are taught to keep both hands on the grips. Sounds kinda smart to me. I prefer the James Dean/ZZ Top-type of wave.

Retro

I wave to people on mini bikes to goldwings because Ive had mini bikes to goldwings so I feel like I have something incommon with them

Quote Originally Posted by retro View Post
    I read an article in Cafe Racer? a while back by a lady from the U.S. riding in England(and maybe Europe). They do not wave. They are taught to keep both hands on the grips. Sounds kinda smart to me. I prefer the James Dean/ZZ Top-type of wave.

Retro

In the UK most riders nod rather than wave, on continental Europe they often stick a foot out particularly France and Spain.

Here's Admiral's funny video re: motorcyclist wave. > https://tw200forum.com/index.php?/top...er-techniques/

I wave most of the time I see someone. I think it's funny most of the people who don't wave back are Harley riders. Don't get me wrong the when I rode with the Gypsy's in Texas they were a great bunch of people. I just think the some of the newer Harley people have little guy syndrome hehe.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links