Wondering what this is?????
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Got another question, on the left side (when sitting on the bike) up front by the engine there is a canister that I believes says gas tank canister! Do I need this? If not how do I remove? If you go to the link at the bottom there is a picture of the item in question!

http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...22523&page=103

It's the smog canister found on California-legal bikes. Leave it on as it provides venting to the gas tank and doesn't hinder performance at all. But can be an eye sore.
    Sold bike.

Youtube vids of old TW's acceleration:

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

I live in Arizona and do not need it to smog, so is it possible to remove, as it is an eye sore!!!!!!!!!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Take the hose from under the tank and route it to the side of the carb.

Congratulations. Your bike will run exactly the same, but your garage will stink..

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Many people buy cans to cover it. Any drink you can think of. Sodas, beers, energy drinks, whatever is your favorite they probably have. Or you can just take it off, but if I had it I would use a dr. pepper or redbull can.

*edited
    '13 690 Enduro R too many frickin farkles...
    '07 KLX250 farkled (wife's bike)
    '86 BW80 farkled to size
    '10 TW200 you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by JdubSC View Post
    Many people buy covers for it. They have almost every drink you can think of. Sodas, beers, energy drinks, whatever is your favorite they probably have. Or you can just take it off, but if I had it I would find a dr. pepper or redbull can.

Or make it look like a small NOS bottle lol
    Sold bike.

Youtube vids of old TW's acceleration:

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by JdubSC View Post
    Many people buy covers for it. They have almost every drink you can think of. Sodas, beers, energy drinks, whatever is your favorite they probably have. Or you can just take it off, but if I had it I would find a dr. pepper or redbull can.
    Buy covers for it? as in using an old soda or beer can?
    Mike Carter. Woodland, California (NorCal). '89 Tw200 (Black Widow Edition). Blood red Jimbo shield, Cycleracks, Nuvi 500 GPS, Kolpin fuel pack jr., D shield bark busters, 55t rear sprocket, Golden boy front tire, Ricochet shield.

Just shit can it, I'm in Ca and I did.

For those of you who aren't simply suffering from lack of dietary fiber or just wanna "stick it to the man" there is no FUNCTIONAL reason to ditch the can. It weighs exactly one pound, causes no service problems, nor does it affect performance. It's just another way to vent the tank. Period. It also keeps gas fumes from filling your garage and if you lay a Cali bike down it won't leak gas, nor will the tank swamp in a water crossing getoff.

If you don't like its looks you can remove it while retaining the Cali tank and cap by reconnecting the line as I described above.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

I agree with LizardBreath. Why shit in your own sandbox? Even if you don't care about the air quality in your state, or city, you might think about what your kid's father or mother are breathing. Have a good ride. Tom
    Tom - TW200 2002, Kawasaki VN 500 2006

Hidden Content

Central New Mexico

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links