Casual gun mount
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Took the Tdub out for a little target practice to sight in new Ruger .22 plinker.

The Jimbo shield,Tusk handguards and the mirrors make a perfect slot to hold a rifle case. (Not recommended for

rough riding) I loop the strap through the frame to hold it down.

07 Tdub - Jimbo shield, Givi carrier, 14/45 gears, O-ring chain, Tusk guards and risers, big pegs, seat pad, 45oex tip, Ultra H4, LED rear lites, fuel filter, dual horns, foam grips, storage tube, AGM battery.

When I take the TW to the range by the time I get there all I want to do is keep riding.

As an aside there are two kinds of 10/22's: Ultra reliable and jamb-o-matics.

If you have a jamb-o-matic go to MidwayUSA.com and order an aftermarket Volquartsen extractor and spring and install it and all your troubles will be over.. Cost <$10 IIRC.
    Long live the internal combustion engine!

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    If you have a jamb-o-matic go to MidwayUSA.com and order an aftermarket Volquartsen extractor and spring and install it and all your troubles will be over.. Cost <$10 IIRC.

Thanks Tony. It's on my list of things to get!

Already modified the bolt release and lightened the trigger.
    07 Tdub - Jimbo shield, Givi carrier, 14/45 gears, O-ring chain, Tusk guards and risers, big pegs, seat pad, 45oex tip, Ultra H4, LED rear lites, fuel filter, dual horns, foam grips, storage tube, AGM battery.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I have a Remington Viper 522 and that thing is junk, too long to use as a paper weight so it just sits in the cabinet. I wish I had kept my 10/22 but as I was getting older (and I thought wiser) I decided it was a baby gun. I now own a very nice Henry lever action .22 that I shoot probably more then anything I own. And I have some neat stuff, cheap to shoot and fun to take out to the woods for squirrels. May look into another 10/22 I wonder if they still have the stainless model?

Walmart sells the SS model like mine with poly stock. ($247)

Had my local gun dealer find this one for me online, ended up being cheaper than WM.

I have a friend that has his FFL, gunbroker is my friend and my wallets enemy.

Shooting my AR is way too expensive these days so I have been thinking about getting one of these.

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/w...layErrorView_Y

Most shops are selling them for around $420 but if you ask your Walmart sporting goods dude nicely he may order you one for a bit less. Costs a bit more than the 10-22 but I like the AR format. Now I'll have to fabricate a gun rack like ZombieStomper's.

Dan
    I don't want a pickle, etc.

I was just at S&W factory in Mass. pretty cool they actually machine all of their parts in house. You can also look into a conversion kit for your ar, they run about $150.00. All you have to do is slide in the carrier assembly they send you and use the magazine with the kit and it's plug and play.

I need to find a local range where I can plink with my AR-7. It fits just fine in my Action Packer box, or my back pack.

Heck, I've carried it tucked in the inside pocket of my jeans jacket.

Stephen S.

'07 TW200:

15/50 sprockets, O-ring chain, D2Moto foot pegs

tweaked carb (127.5 jet, 0.019 needle shim, idle screw @2.25),

Rubbermaid "Action Packer" on homemade brackets

Yep that looks like a casual gun. Nice and rugged, get parts and mags anywhere.

My own preference for a rifle plinker in .22 would run to a Thompson Contender carbine or a Marline model 39A.

The corn tender breaks down for easy carry. The Marline breaks down too but then The bolt goes into your pocket so you don't lose it.

They are both superbly accurate with the edge in this to the Thompson.

Thompson has the added advantage of changing barrels to change calibre. .22 hornet is awesome.
    Phelonius

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links