new AFX dual sport helmet
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Stopped by Honda/yamaha dealer in Stockton saturday and tryed on fly trekker (flat black) helmet, fits good and looks nice but wanted different color and thats all they had. Found same AFX helmet online and ordered red strike color which will match my red frame/black plastics 89 tdub. Looking forward to riding without bugs hitting my cheeks and nose at 50 mph, it really stings when ur face is cold...LOL.
    Mike Carter. Woodland, California (NorCal). '89 Tw200 (Black Widow Edition). Blood red Jimbo shield, Cycleracks, Nuvi 500 GPS, Kolpin fuel pack jr., D shield bark busters, 55t rear sprocket, Golden boy front tire, Ricochet shield.

'13 690 Enduro R too many frickin farkles...
    '07 KLX250 farkled (wife's bike)
    '86 BW80 farkled to size
    '10 TW200 you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by JdubSC View Post
    YEP, thats the one....be nice not bringing or wearing goggles and just have sunglasses on under shield....
    Mike Carter. Woodland, California (NorCal). '89 Tw200 (Black Widow Edition). Blood red Jimbo shield, Cycleracks, Nuvi 500 GPS, Kolpin fuel pack jr., D shield bark busters, 55t rear sprocket, Golden boy front tire, Ricochet shield.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I've been eyeing one of those Trekkers for a while now. Are you planning on doing a review after try it out?

Quote Originally Posted by Small's View Post
    I've been eyeing one of those Trekkers for a while now. Are you planning on doing a review after try it out?
    I have the afx-39 in flat black too!! I like it and am glad I waited to get one instead if the Arai a year or 2 ago and 4x's the price

I opened a thread a while back when I discovered that "AFX has private-labeled the THH TX-26 helmet....and Fly has also!!!" I looked around and found an local on line shop that had the THH TX-26 and got a smart one with great graphics for 30% less including delivery than the Fly trekker hi viz monochromes in the stores.

https://tw200forum.com/index.php?/top...et-experience/

I don't think anyone found a source of the THH in the states but for those who wan't the new Fly or AFX for a bit cheaper then it is worth a look. I reviewed it there and can tell you that it's great. But then if you don't have the $ just enjoy the ride since you are riding a TW not a helmet. But yes, its better in the rain and with bugs and in the heat of Africa.

Malcolm

It was your post that made me decide to get mine

yep, read ur post too and that made me decide to look for one. had trouble finding anyone who stocked the AFX or Fly trekker. wanted to try it on my head before ordering one and would have bought it there for a few more bucks if they had the color i wanted.

Retail research is cool and I enjoy learning and sharing in this forum. Even as rebranded they are good value.

Malcolm

I've also been thinking of getting one of these. I currently have 3 regular motorcycle helmets (kbc & hjc) and was thinking of getting a mx helmet until I stumbled across these in a catalog. I have two questions for current owners:

1. How many positions can the faceshield be positioned in? One of my helmets can only stay at half way or fully opened while another has several notches to position it around 1" above the last.

2. The 37 vs. The 39? The 37 is the older/cheaper version? And it looks like the 39s visor is a little longer and sharper while the 37s is shorter and rounder. Is there an advantage to either?
    '13 690 Enduro R too many frickin farkles...
    '07 KLX250 farkled (wife's bike)
    '86 BW80 farkled to size
    '10 TW200 you will be missed

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links