Thinking of straying...Ah..I dont think so...part2
Close

Thanks for all the input from the members of this forum...

I got back from a week of riding in the North Carolina mountains on the Vstrom, and while the Vstrom will always be my first love, I jumped on the TW and took off around the yard...what a blast...so light so nibble. WHAT was I thinking...my mind is made up...I will get another TW to putt around with the wife. Keeping the same bike in the stable will certainly simplify life, and I feel like I am already a TW expert, after all the research I have been doing on this forum. I know I was concerned about being impatient with the TW when by my self. well I will just have to chill and accept it.

My wife is doing spectacular on the TW, We just got back form some lonely paved country back roads. I had to chugg along in 2nd...but no worries, watching her just thrilled and enjoying herself as she reached speeds of 45mph. was great.

I will be making a 3hour trip tomorrow to hopefully pick up a black and silver TW with 3k miles..paying $200 more than I would like to, but its a small investment to make for the return in enjoyment.....riding with my wife

Quote Originally Posted by rastaman View Post
    Thanks for all the input from the members of this forum...

I got back from a week of riding in the North Carolina mountains on the Vstrom, and while the Vstrom will always be my first love, I jumped on the TW and took off around the yard...what a blast...so light so nibble. WHAT was I thinking...my mind is made up...I will get another TW to putt around with the wife. Keeping the same bike in the stable will certainly simplify life, and I feel like I am already a TW expert, after all the research I have been doing on this forum. I know I was concerned about being impatient with the TW when by my self. well I will just have to chill and accept it.

My wife is doing spectacular on the TW, We just got back form some lonely paved country back roads. I had to chugg along in 2nd...but no worries, watching her just thrilled and enjoying herself as she reached speeds of 45mph. was great.

I will be making a 3hour trip tomorrow to hopefully pick up a black and silver TW with 3k miles..paying $200 more than I would like to, but its a small investment to make for the return in enjoyment.....riding with my wife
    You're a lucky man.

When the Gods are angry

They give you what you ask for

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

RM, great choice! I learned along time ago that there is no motorcycle that does everything I want one to do well enough to satisfy me. So, I have a shop full.

I second your emotions on riding with your Wife. I'm fond of telling folks that I won the Wife Lottery. We do everything together, and I can honestly say I have never heard her bitch one time. So I don't push. I make sure she is on even better equipment than me, and we plan joint rides for her enjoyment level/duration, not my Lewis and Clark exploration/wanderlust. You are a smart man.

On a relate note, I recently upgraded my chain/sprockets and went to a 52 tooth in the rear. Doesn't seem like a big change, but I'm very happy. The bike has a little more rip when I am running the back dirt roads or climbing through rocks/greasewood and sage, but the biggest advantage is I can put along in 3rd, while she runs in second on the rough roads on the west side of the ranch. Before I was searching back and forth between 2nd and 3rd all day.

Anyway, good for you.

Bag
    "The TW may be slow, but the Earth is patient" - MK

"If I'm wrong, and it turns out that you hate it, I'll send you all my Barry Manilow albums." LB

Hidden Content

Sponosred Links