I Hate Weight Plates
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I cant trip traffic signals to let them know I'm there............anyone else know a secret to doing this?
    Hidden Content

2007 T'dub

Cyclerack/Dual Northern Tool Boxes/AVG Miglia Helmet/Infamous Tubes/Fanny Pack/ATV Tank bag

Check the laws for your state. In most states you can treat it as a malfunctioning signal, which it is. Look both ways and proceed when its safe to do so. I've done that many times here in Tennessee.
    GapRunr

Current bikes TW200 * R1200GS ADV * R80g/s * KLR250 Miami Vice Edition * Hawk GT - For sale!

jim
    Put some magnuts on the bottom of your bike
    Join Oathkeepes.org

Because Home Land Security Begins @ Home: BPAUX.org

Guns only have two enemies: Rust and liberals

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I need to talk to someone here about that as well. I have sat at a light for 4 minutes before, waiting for a car to pull up behind me to trigger the switch. Now I just make right turns and u-turns
    '13 690 Enduro R too many frickin farkles...
    '07 KLX250 farkled (wife's bike)
    '86 BW80 farkled to size
    '10 TW200 you will be missed

Not sure if it the same everywhere, around here they use a coil of wire under the pavement. It works like a metal detector. I think it is most sensitive right in the centre of the coil, but I might have the wrong, it might be as the metal passes over the coil. Either way, it has nothing to do with weight.

Correct, it's metal interfering with a stable electromagnetic field, most sensitive the closer to the actual wires. It's a metal detector, not a magnet or scale. A couple inches sometimes makes a big difference. Big trucks with tall tires fail to set the darn things off. If you can see the grooves for the wires, ride directly over them. Sometimes putting the kickstand's foot directly down atop the wire will do the trick. Steel-toed boots on the groove sometimes work. Bicyclists lay their bikes down with a frame tube along the groove with results.

Federal law requires traffic control devices to function properly, so find out which road/street/highway department is responsible for the light and politely contact the department. Volunteer to invest a litttle time riding across the device so it can be set properly. the problem is, cranking the sensitivity up high enough to detect a motorcycle often allows false triggering by vehicles passing in adjacent lanes. This has been a recognized problem with a solution involving installation techniques well known for 30 years, but dumbassed government engineers don't care. This dumps the problem on the department maintenance folks, and they are frustrated, so try to be positive with them.

I've had more trouble with Mo-peds than the TW, but sometimes getting cross-wise in the street trips it. -GB

I have the same problem, I think we all do that ride the street. I've called the city to no avail. I talked to the local PD and they tell me they have the same problem. They also told me if I wait two cycles of the light without getting a green to proceed with caution thru the red and that 95% of cops would not cite me. I usually just go the opposite direction and flip a U.

This link might help.

http://www.wikihow.com/Trigger-Green-Traffic-Lights

thx all
    Hidden Content

2007 T'dub

Cyclerack/Dual Northern Tool Boxes/AVG Miglia Helmet/Infamous Tubes/Fanny Pack/ATV Tank bag

Think it's bad on a motorcycle? Try getting it to trip with a carbon fiber bicycle!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links