Cold Weather Boots
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Anybody have any good recommendations for cold weather riding boots? It was 32F/0C when I rode into work this morning, and the giant holes in my worn out leather workboots made for some real real REAL cold toes, even with regular socks and wool socks

I'm going to go buy some new work boots tonight, but was wondering if anyone had the low down on some nice protective MX style boots, maybe for decent price, that will protect my footsies in the cold?

Thanks in advance,

Frostbit in NY
    ITCB

These work well if you're going to change into something different when you get to work.

http://www.chaparral-racing.com/Prod...1403.1501.aspx

For your type of weather, Cabellas Pac-boots!

Not a riding boot but hold up well. I use Cabellas non insulated hunting boots with leather uppers for my riding boots. Waterproof too.

Get at least 1 size larger than normal, especially if you get the pac-boot with the wool inner liner (removable). The boot is 1200 grams of insulation & the liner adds 600 more grams of insulation.

I use a silk under sock against my skin and two pair of wool blend socks to help keep my feet warm in the insulated boots. I like to go into the mountains n the AZ winter to ride my ATV in the snow...
    T. Wight

Mesa, Az.

1994 TW200

& other toys...

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Rodney View Post
    These work well if you're going to change into something different when you get to work.

http://www.chaparral-racing.com/Prod...1403.1501.aspx

I have these and they work well with some good socks. They only take a few rides to break in and for the price they're hard to beat.
    '13 690 Enduro R too many frickin farkles...
    '07 KLX250 farkled (wife's bike)
    '86 BW80 farkled to size
    '10 TW200 you will be missed

Composite safety toe waterproof insulated work boots with traction soles. I like the side-zip type and literally superglue the knots so they won't come unraveled. For extreme cold and/or long rides I have a pair a full size too big and wear 3 pairs of socks, 1 wicking, 2 insulating.

My boots

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Footwear/Mens-Footwear/Mens-Hunting-Boots/Mens-Uninsulated-Hunting-Boots|/pc/104797980/c/104747580/sc/104826780/i/105543180/Cabelas-15-Pinnacle-Zippered-Snake-Boots-with-GORE-TEX-Scent-Lok/1208041.uts?destination=%2Fcatalog%2Fbrowse%2Ffoot wear-mens-footwear-mens-hunting-boots-mens-uninsulated-hunting-boots%2F_%2FN-1102520%2FNs-CATEGORY_SEQ_105543180%3FWTz_l%3DSBC%253Bcat104797 980%253Bcat104747580%253Bcat104826780&WTz_l=SBC%3B cat104797980%3Bcat104747580%3Bcat104826780%3Bcat10 5543180

A very very wise man once said “it’s more fun to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow”.

"Now then get your weapons... and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me"
    Gen:27:3

“I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born.”
    -Ronald Reagan

I use my dirtbike boots that are a size big with my best long wool socks. The big plastic wrap around on motocross boots cuts wind and water great. I also use old snowboarding pants as they have a very tight elastic gaiter that keeps wind from going up the leg, and huge cargo pockets.

Quote Originally Posted by Yamamont View Post
    I use my dirtbike boots that are a size big with my best long wool socks. The big plastic wrap around on motocross boots cuts wind and water great. I also use old snowboarding pants as they have a very tight elastic gaiter that keeps wind from going up the leg, and huge cargo pockets.

+1

If you can hang with wearing them, not many things are warmer or more windproof and waterproof than MX boots. The more plastic the better.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Here is a pair that works well in cold.

Baffin Apex Men's Extreme Winter Boots

Baffin Extreme Boots are truly the best extreme weather boots money can buy. Tested to the North Pole, base camp at Everest, snowmobiling in Northern Maine, ice fishing in Michigan, and standing for hours hunting for the elusive white tail, you won't find a more proven product. It's all about Canadiens and their knowledge of winter boots. They have the experience for a reason. The Apex premium two leather overlay is first quality and will wear like a glove over time. The full laced shaft guarantees a custom fit for any size leg for a more precise fit for long winter treks. You won't be disappointed with this boot! One of our most burly boots for extreme cold conditions.
    The TW200 may be slow but the Earth is patient.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Last Blog Entry: Plans For 2012 (01/16/12)

Thanks for all the good info! Now I just need to talk the wife into letting me buy a new pair of boots maybe it will work if she gets a pair, too??
    ITCB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links