Tci skid plate
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Tci skid plate

Tci skid plate

Been on the lookout for one of these forever it seems like. I know about the ownership change, but goodness I'm not sure they're coming back. I really am just here to be bummed out about it I guess. I need one of these in my life. If it scores me one of these sweet things I will gladly trade a rack and some cash for one. Uhg.....
    BkCntryCrwlr likes this.
    93 tw. running like clockwork
    225 6 speed complete!
    82 honda gl500 silver wing. sold to a new home 11-24-17
    03 ducati monster 800sie. full rebuild and a danger to the public Hidden Content for sale

Looks like PlacerLode still has these nice skid plates.

https://tw200forum.com/forum/tw200-cl...ochet-msr.html
    1911garand and fishguy like this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content Hidden Content

I can vouch for the Ricochet Skid plate construction. It's really rigid aluminum plate. Thick, about 3/16".
    BkCntryCrwlr likes this.
    2017 Beta Xtrainer 300 - Suspension modified for height
    2013 Yamaha TW200 (Sold but not forgotten, possibly in the future when space permits)
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650R (sold) Fun for a year, then mega garage DUST collector
    1985 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk (sold) FUN - but became a dust collector
    1984 Honda CB450SC Nighthawk (sold) Primary transportation for almost 5 years
    Various other 2 wheel rolling junk not worthy of mention....

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

The TCI's are super nice, a touch heavy, but very stout, and you do not have cut any clips or do any trimming for them to fit. The only real downfall to them is you cannot run an oil cooler if you decide to do so with their design. Living in PA, that was really a non-issue for me thought. I had a TW with a TCI skidplate on it, and I sold it with the skidplate.....kick myself for selling that skidplate weekly. It seems when they do come up for sale, people know what they have and want a premium for them. Heck if I found a used one, I would probably pay retail or a touch more for it if it was in good shape.
    -13 TW200
    -08 DRZ400s
    -08 Roadstar warrior
    -15 Sherco ST 3.0
    -08 Aprilia Tuono
    -Missing my DR650 a little bit

VG since you are a good frabricator an add on for the common ricochet skid plate would sell. A small engine guard cage for each side and maybe we have to drill one hole in the plate each side and it mounts to another bike bolt. You could design it to clear the oil cooler adapter. I don't weld or I would make some for my plates. I was thinking about making an aluminum guard made from some angle that bolts together but my design it just seemed too ghetto. If the TCI were available I would have bought them.
    ”Everything You Know is Wrong”

” How Can You Be in Two Places at Once When You Are Nowhere at All?”

Twin 2014 TW200's made side by side on the assembly line, Moose rear racks, Protaper ATV high bars, DG oval pipes, kick starters, rejetted carbs, 130 main jets, 2 -3 -.020 shims on the needles and @ 2 1/2 turns on the pilot screw, #34 pilot jets, Acerbis hand guards, Shinko 241 front tires, modified Krator foot pegs, 14-55t sprockets, Ricochet skid plates and 90 degree fuel filters.

Man I need an ac welder so bad with a spool gun. If I could weld aluminum I'd be making all sorts of shit. I have an oil cooler and was planning to modify the Tci to work.
    littletommy, Tweaker and Ken like this.
    225 6 speed complete!
    03 ducati monster 800sie. full rebuild and a danger to the public Hidden Content for sale

Have you gone through all the Lizrdbrth and Meekdad posts? I thought they set it up so it would fit (but be tight) on the TCI skidplate.

Quote Originally Posted by old w/2 many guns & bikes View Post
    Have you gone through all the Lizrdbrth and Meekdad posts? I thought they set it up so it would fit (but be tight) on the TCI skidplate.
    +1
    i'm pretty sure i saw pics of PPE's bike with a cooler under the TCI skid.
    Ken likes this.
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

You could be right. Been a while since I read all the posts. I figured I'd make it work regardless. None of that matters if I can't get one though.
    225 6 speed complete!

My bad, for some reason I thought originally when I bought the TCI skidplate I could not run an oil cooler with it. If I can, I might have to start considering one.
    littletommy likes this.
    -13 TW200
    -08 DRZ400s
    -08 Roadstar warrior
    -15 Sherco ST 3.0
    -08 Aprilia Tuono
    -Missing my DR650 a little bit

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links