new bars.
Close
    
    
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: new bars.

  1. #1
    Senior Member phazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    putnam,ct
    Posts
    428
    i just got some new bars for the tdub and wanted to share how everything went. i got a set of renthal 7/8" atv bars. they are actually for a yamaha yfz450, black in color. also some renthal grips from the kevlar reinforced dual compound MX series. the bars are not the same demensions as stock, they are about 1.25 inches less in width and are about 5/8" higher overall. bars that are more narrow seem to be better on the road during a s-turn or a plain ole sharp turn. the install could not have been easier, all the stock controls fit the bars very well. on the stock bars on the throttle side you will see two holes up on the handle area. on the back of two of your controls youll find little nubs that fit in those holes. the plastic nub can be sliced off with a razor knife and the metal nub can be ground down or filed. doing that will allow the controls to squarely bolt onto the bars. as of now i give the new set up two thumbs up! i got everything at motorcyclesuperstore.com $59.99 for the bars and $15.99 for the grips. shipping took 5 days and was $5.95 please let me know if the pics are good, i took them with my cell phone.








  2. #2
    Senior Member JagLite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Anchorage, Alaska
    Posts
    555
    Quote Originally Posted by mr zannini View Post
    i just got some new bars for the tdub and wanted to share how everything went. i got a set of renthal 7/8" atv bars. they are actually for a yamaha yfz450, black in color. also some renthal grips from the kevlar reinforced dual compound MX series. the bars are not the same demensions as stock, they are about 1.25 inches less in width and are about 5/8" higher overall. bars that are more narrow seem to be better on the road during a s-turn or a plain ole sharp turn. the install could not have been easier, all the stock controls fit the bars very well. on the stock bars on the throttle side you will see two holes up on the handle area. on the back of two of your controls youll find little nubs that fit in those holes. the plastic nub can be sliced off with a razor knife and the metal nub can be ground down or filed. doing that will allow the controls to squarely bolt onto the bars. as of now i give the new set up two thumbs up! i got everything at motorcyclesuperstore.com $59.99 for the bars and $15.99 for the grips. shipping took 5 days and was $5.95 please let me know if the pics are good, i took them with my cell phone.









    Pics look good to me!
    James

    ______________________

    Attitude =

    The difference between

    Ordeal and Adventure

  3. #3
    Senior Member xdac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Gilbert AZ
    Posts
    1,076
    How much did it raise the grips?
    2008 TW200 with a super cool exhaust

  4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Senior Member phazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    putnam,ct
    Posts
    428
    Quote Originally Posted by xdac View Post
    How much did it raise the grips?
    about 5/8" they make me sit upright just a tad more.

  6. #5
    Senior Member xdac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Gilbert AZ
    Posts
    1,076
    Wonder how well thatd work with some 1inch risers..id hate to lengthen the cables but i might have to
    2008 TW200 with a super cool exhaust

  7. #6
    Senior Member Rainman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Ephrata, WA
    Posts
    1,125
    Looks good. I put the same bars on my Dad's TW earlier this year and he loves them. It allowed him to sit straight up, which lessened the fatigue on his shoulders.
    If you can't find it, grind it

    1990 TW200

  8. #7
    Senior Member bcscammell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    264
    Quote Originally Posted by xdac View Post
    Wonder how well thatd work with some 1inch risers..id hate to lengthen the cables but i might have to
    I think you'd be ok with 1 5/8" rise. I went to two inch higher handlebars and did not need to lengthen cables.

  9. #8
    Senior Member bcscammell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    264
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman View Post
    Looks good. I put the same bars on my Dad's TW earlier this year and he loves them. It allowed him to sit straight up, which lessened the fatigue on his shoulders.
    My back used to give me grief after awhile at highway speeds. The windshield cured that and actually allows the bike to hold its speed better against a head wind. Might help your dad if he rides on the highway.Just a thought.

  10. #9
    Senior Member dganey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    342
    Quote Originally Posted by xdac View Post
    Wonder how well thatd work with some 1inch risers..id hate to lengthen the cables but i might have to


    Not an issue. I went with 30mm tusk riser and jimmy button renthal aluminum bars. All cables were long enough. The brake cable was the shortest of the bunch, but it fit. it's great if I need to stand and gives a more upright posture while sitting.



    Dusty

  11. #10
    Senior Member phazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    putnam,ct
    Posts
    428
    no problems with cable length. i THINK you could go with one inch risers. i still have plenty of room to go with the new bars.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Handle Bars?
    By Woodi23 in forum Performance and Customization
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-22-2012, 10:15 PM
  2. Factory bars - like new.
    By WhereTheHellIsJames in forum TW200 Classifieds
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-08-2012, 08:13 PM
  3. New bars
    By joet3ch in forum Performance and Customization
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-09-2012, 11:57 PM
  4. New ATV Bars
    By xdac in forum Performance and Customization
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 01-28-2012, 05:04 PM
  5. Shorter Bars?
    By novaks44 in forum Performance and Customization
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-25-2010, 12:29 PM

Search tags for this page

pro taper 02-5257 dimensions

Click on a term to search for related topics.