new bars.
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new bars.

i just got some new bars for the tdub and wanted to share how everything went. i got a set of renthal 7/8" atv bars. they are actually for a yamaha yfz450, black in color. also some renthal grips from the kevlar reinforced dual compound MX series. the bars are not the same demensions as stock, they are about 1.25 inches less in width and are about 5/8" higher overall. bars that are more narrow seem to be better on the road during a s-turn or a plain ole sharp turn. the install could not have been easier, all the stock controls fit the bars very well. on the stock bars on the throttle side you will see two holes up on the handle area. on the back of two of your controls youll find little nubs that fit in those holes. the plastic nub can be sliced off with a razor knife and the metal nub can be ground down or filed. doing that will allow the controls to squarely bolt onto the bars. as of now i give the new set up two thumbs up! i got everything at motorcyclesuperstore.com $59.99 for the bars and $15.99 for the grips. shipping took 5 days and was $5.95 please let me know if the pics are good, i took them with my cell phone.

Quote Originally Posted by mr zannini View Post
    i just got some new bars for the tdub and wanted to share how everything went. i got a set of renthal 7/8" atv bars. they are actually for a yamaha yfz450, black in color. also some renthal grips from the kevlar reinforced dual compound MX series. the bars are not the same demensions as stock, they are about 1.25 inches less in width and are about 5/8" higher overall. bars that are more narrow seem to be better on the road during a s-turn or a plain ole sharp turn. the install could not have been easier, all the stock controls fit the bars very well. on the stock bars on the throttle side you will see two holes up on the handle area. on the back of two of your controls youll find little nubs that fit in those holes. the plastic nub can be sliced off with a razor knife and the metal nub can be ground down or filed. doing that will allow the controls to squarely bolt onto the bars. as of now i give the new set up two thumbs up! i got everything at motorcyclesuperstore.com $59.99 for the bars and $15.99 for the grips. shipping took 5 days and was $5.95 please let me know if the pics are good, i took them with my cell phone.

Pics look good to me!
    James

Attitude =

The difference between

Ordeal and Adventure

How much did it raise the grips?
    2008 TW200 with a super cool exhaust

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by xdac View Post
    How much did it raise the grips?
    about 5/8" they make me sit upright just a tad more.

Wonder how well thatd work with some 1inch risers..id hate to lengthen the cables but i might have to
    2008 TW200 with a super cool exhaust

Looks good. I put the same bars on my Dad's TW earlier this year and he loves them. It allowed him to sit straight up, which lessened the fatigue on his shoulders.
    If you can't find it, grind it

1990 TW200

Wonder how well thatd work with some 1inch risers..id hate to lengthen the cables but i might have to
    I think you'd be ok with 1 5/8" rise. I went to two inch higher handlebars and did not need to lengthen cables.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman View Post
    Looks good. I put the same bars on my Dad's TW earlier this year and he loves them. It allowed him to sit straight up, which lessened the fatigue on his shoulders.
    My back used to give me grief after awhile at highway speeds. The windshield cured that and actually allows the bike to hold its speed better against a head wind. Might help your dad if he rides on the highway.Just a thought.

Not an issue. I went with 30mm tusk riser and jimmy button renthal aluminum bars. All cables were long enough. The brake cable was the shortest of the bunch, but it fit. it's great if I need to stand and gives a more upright posture while sitting.

Dusty

no problems with cable length. i THINK you could go with one inch risers. i still have plenty of room to go with the new bars.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links