Need some advice for dealing with a crappy shop - Page 2
Close

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree123Likes

Thread: Need some advice for dealing with a crappy shop

The invoice shows a charge for an oil filter as part of the work. I even mentioned the need to ensure that a proper oil filter is installed when he told me that he had changed the oil as part of the service. He told me that the replacement filter exceeded the original part. He replaced the oil filter because the original was torn or at least that is what I was told. I appreciate the information and advice.
    Smitty Blackstone and Lomax like this.

Good Luck! Big sympathy for your predicament.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

If you happen to still have the wrong filter out of the bike, you might take a pic of it in case they remove it and toss it and try to say it had the correct one. Call me paranoid.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by AGman View Post
    Then its on the dealer. Dont touch it, take it back to them and say you know there was the wrong filter put in it and they need to fix it!
    NOT + 1
    ITS X 10,
    Do NOT touch a damn thing,
    Its their responsibility now ! ! ! !

What part of Georgia are you in?
    2001 TW200
    1999 DR350SE
    2002 Sportster 1200
    Suzuki Ozark 250 (Broke)
    Rokon RT140 (in a basket)
    Belarus AS250 tractor

I live in the Brunswick area close to St. Simons and Jekyll island. This puts me about an hour north of Jacksonville Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    "couldn't even pull the starter cord" - that tends to date Fishhguy, doesn't it? I won't admit to how old I am.
    But don't forget there's a GCFishguy and a Fishguy. I never even checked available forum names when I signed up, I've been using GCFishguy for so long.
    But still, yeah.....I might be old.

Of all the hell I put that old 125m through, nothing could kill it...crashed it, rolled it, sunk it....until one winter we cut a pair of cross-country skis down to about 3' long, moved the bindings, made a t-handle on the end of an old rope and spent a day hauling my buddy up and down the lake. People were actually getting a kick out of watching us so we took him home for a quick change of clothes, then resumed with him in nothing but a pair of Bermuda shorts, wool socks and the ski boots. If digital cameras and social media existed back then, we'd likely still be a household name.... Sometime during that day the white metal post that holds the string loaded arm that fits into the shift...drum (?) that holds it in a gear broke off the case half. I took that thing to more than one machine shop and there was nothing anybody could to with it.

Anyway...it sounds like you have a full set of legs to stand on. Now they have the opportunity to make a lifetime customer out of you and everybody you can spread the word to. Or, they can choose to throw you under the bus for a the sake of a couple hundred bucks (their cost, assuming it's the same general parts and repair that cost you $500) and lose you as a customer and everybody you can tell your story to forever. Best of luck to you!

Bad luck like that happens when you're fixing people's stuff...it's the law of averages. How they choose to deal with it is another story completely. In my years in car dealerships we crashed cars into each other in the parking lot, backed them out of bays without pumping the brakes back up because someone distracted you at the wrong moment, written them off on test drives, set them on fire, and dropped them off hoists.

I was in the same situation a year ago. But no dealer to blame just s previous owner. So needless to say I was stuck fixing it with the help of forum members. If you're interested in what it usually takes to fix, do a search for threads started by me. I tried to take lots of pics of the process to help others when this happens

Quote Originally Posted by Rokon84 View Post
    I was in the same situation a year ago. But no dealer to blame just s previous owner. So needless to say I was stuck fixing it with the help of forum members. If you're interested in what it usually takes to fix, do a search for threads started by me. I tried to take lots of pics of the process to help others when this happens
    I appreciate the help. I will definitely check out the resources available through this forum. I have already used them previously to rebuild and clean my carburetor. There seems to be instructions for almost anything regarding these bikes on here. I am also sorry to hear that you got stuck like that on your bike.
    Tweaker and littletommy like this.

So what did the shop say???
    littletommy likes this.
    A very very wise man once said “it’s more fun to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow”.

"Now then get your weapons... and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me"
    Gen:27:3

“I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born.”
    -Ronald Reagan

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links