Life is too short
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree89Likes

Thread: Life is too short

Life is too short

Winding down my last two weeks of school in Boston. The whole six months I've been here I've been dreaming about Idaho and my TW. I cant imagine living anywhere else. I grew up in the northeast, but Idaho and the northwest are my home. Coming home is the greatest feeling. Don't ever leave your happy place. The rides and camping trips I want to make have kept me going. Don't stray too far away from your heart. It hurts.
    dette, tAdA, elime and 11 others like this.

I lived in Boston about of 5 years. A great town to be young in, or at least it was in the early 70's. And New England is pretty nice too -- I spent a lot of time in New Hampshire and some time in Maine. I wouldn't want to live the rest of my life there but I can easily see how other would. While there I decided to come back to California. I love California but hate what has happened its politics and the over crowding. Oh well. It was really a great place for most of my life. I will have to be satisfied with that.
    Last edited by elime; 01-31-2017 at 11:04 PM.
    Long live the internal combustion engine!

Quote Originally Posted by Toecutter View Post
    Winding down my last two weeks of school in Boston. The whole six months I've been here I've been dreaming about Idaho and my TW. I cant imagine living anywhere else. I grew up in the northeast, but Idaho and the northwest are my home. Coming home is the greatest feeling. Don't ever leave your happy place. The rides and camping trips I want to make have kept me going. Don't stray too far away from your heart. It hurts.
    Congrats on finishing school.... I know just how you feel about finding your "happy place", I feel like that about the PNW. I doubt I will ever want to live anywhere else and I have trouble understanding why anyone else would
    Currently enjoying a great mix...
    2010 Triumph Bonneville T-100, 2013 Yamaha TW-200 & 2014 Yamaha V-Star 950 TourerHidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

True that, Dette! I'm too old for anywhere other than where my heart lives. Idaho, WA, and MT are too much to be away from. Thank god for pictures, videos, and good friends!

My happy place is WV and MD. Maybe I'll try the mid west in my next life. Lol
    If I’m ever on LIFE SUPPORT, UNPLUG ME. Then plug me back in... See if that works. Hidden Content

TW 2006 Ruth
    TW 1988 Black Widow.
    1994 Harley FXR

Rick

Wish I'd known, Toecutter.....We're an hour south of Boston, and I have a loaner TW. We could have scratched that itch!
    Last edited by Rhodetrip; 02-01-2017 at 06:14 AM.

"Me and Mrs Trip, we got a thing going on"... an on-going adventure...
    Hidden Content

"When Piggies Fly" ...Me & Mrs Trip Cross the Pond
    Hidden Content

"Take the Puppy to the Beach"...a dirt route across southern New England
    Hidden Content

Latest Spotwalla: Hidden Content

Where are u from Rhodetrip? Im guessing Rhode Island. I grew up in dartmouth, bout an hour south, just a slightly different direction. Only have to take the T intothe city two more times. Packed like cattle on a train is no way to live.

As for the New England song (which was pretty funny btw), i notice he didnt mention getting to the northwest, i imagine he never would have written the song if he did hahaha
    Rhodetrip and littletommy like this.

Hi Toecutter,

If you had to relocate from the east coast you sure picked a great place. I've been up north a ton of times but this year was the first time on our TW's. We based our rides out of Avery and rode to Wallace one day and Clarkia another day. Well, me and Mrs. Admiral spent the first, first day riding by ourselves.

Here is Middle Sister Lookout SE of Avery

And this was the group which came from Idaho, Washington, Montanna, and California

The old railroad tunnels on Moon Pass road were great though I wish there were more

Yep, you are coming back to a great riding area.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Hunted a little bit south of wallace this past year, gorgeous down there. If theres interest this year a trip up the north fork of the Coeur D'alene on the tdubs would be a sure crowd pleaser as well. Not that id be able to name a place that isnt gorgeous.
    Nathan

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links