Washington State Discover Pass????
Close

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By snojammer
  • 1 Post By ejfranz
  • 3 Post By Leisure Time Larry
  • 2 Post By goldenhtr

Thread: Washington State Discover Pass????

Washington State Discover Pass????

So, I was riding the fs roads with my wife and both our bikes are plated and a sherrif stopped us and asked for our discovery passes. I told him, it's in our the truck. He informed us since we have no orv sticker and our bikes are plated we need to have the passes. Has anyone ran into this??

Welcome to the forum!!
    Quote Originally Posted by snojammer View Post
    So, I was riding the fs roads with my wife and both our bikes are plated and a sherrif stopped us and asked for our discovery passes. I told him, it's in our the truck. He informed us since we have no orv sticker and our bikes are plated we need to have the passes. Has anyone ran into this??
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Thanks Little T for getting back with me
    .. So, is the consensus that everyone just gets an orv tag with there street tab too? Very confusing
    littletommy likes this.

And that is why I do not spend much time in Washington State anymore.
    BC tried the same thing a few years ago and it was just a plain hassle for everyone.
    We no longer have provincial park passes and pay parking - they are free again for all to use.

Does my Oregon ORV tag work in Washington?
    littletommy likes this.
    2001 TW200 sporting a MT43 up front. Duro has gone to a good home. 2015 VStrom XT, 1996 DT 200, Broken 2010 Xingue 400 XY. 2009 WR250r now shared with my son.

Senior Member Leisure Time Larry's Avatar
    It depends on where you were. If you were on state land, then the sheriff was correct. If you were on federal, county, city or private land, then he was mistaken. It is such a cluster f that even LEOs don't know the laws/rules correctly often.

I try to explain it in the Wa St Rider thread here: https://tw200forum.com/forum/trails-o...html#post95128
    littletommy, admiral and ejfranz like this.
    - Leisure Time Larry -
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

2004 TW200, 13-55 gearing, Shinko 241, Race Tech Emulators, Procycle front springs, Works Performance rear shock, Emgo handguards, Luckybike mirror risers, Ken Sean DS foldable mirrors, 30mm Tusk bar risers, Seat Concepts, Kick Starter kit, Plasti-dip camo coat, Cycle Pumps, Ricochet Skid Plate, flood and spot LED pod lights, Sena, Garmin etrex 20 GPS, IMS 313114 folding shifter

As long as you are on what they (the state) calls a maintained road that cars can use then there is no need for the dis pass. If you are on trails or camping, you need to have one on your truck if you trailered them. But to just ride on maintained roads you are fine with just plates.

This from there web site "If you just want to drive through state recreation lands managed by DNR and WDFW and you do not leave your vehicle, you do not need a pass. "
    littletommy and ejfranz like this.
    A very very wise man once said “it’s more fun to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow”.

"Now then get your weapons... and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me"
    Gen:27:3

“I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born.”
    -Ronald Reagan

Or you could just ride on the free days,

State Parks Discover Pass Free Days
    Washington State Parks offers several "free days" when a Discover Pass is not required to visit a state park. Following are 2017 free days:

• Jan. 1 — First Day Hikes; New Year’s Day
    • Jan. 15-16 — Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
    • March 19 — State Park’s 104th birthday
    • April 15 — Spring day
    • April 22 — Earth Day
    • June 3 — National Trails Day
    • June 10 — National Get Outdoors Day
    • Aug. 25 — National Park Service 101st Birthday
    • Sept. 30 — National Public Lands Day
    • Nov. 11 — Veterans Day
    • Nov. 24 — Autumn day
    A very very wise man once said “it’s more fun to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow”.

"Now then get your weapons... and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me"

-Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by snojammer View Post
    Where you from And where were you riding??

Also welcome to the site.

-Ronald Reagan

Sponosred Links