Like Tree16Likes
  • 7 Post By tree.bobby
  • 2 Post By Xracer
  • 2 Post By Skin Walker
  • 4 Post By Fred
  • 1 Post By tree.bobby

Thread: Looking for service projects on my TW

Looking for service projects on my TW

My buddies and I formed a nonprofit conservation organization OUTDOORTREE to get our motorcycle community in the Northwest actively involved in keeping our public lands public and open to riding and clean. We are looking for ideas for service projects that would be fun on our bikes. Like maybe trail clearing or tree planting.... Have any ideas.
    outdoortree.org
    We plan on organizing some service project rides when it warms up, if our interested let me know. I think it would be fun to find some trails covered in down trees from heavy winter and take saws and ropes and clear them out.FullSizeRender.jpg

P.S. I mentioned a few weeks ago I was considering trading my TW for a bigger bike but I went out and rode it for a few minutes and realized what a stupid idea that was. I will hold out until I can have both. Still regret selling my earlier guns and wish I would have kept them.

I wish you the best of luck.
    littletommy and Ken like this.

Bobby,

Tell us more.

SW
    Ken and littletommy like this.
    - SW

2006 TW
    1998 TW
    1996 TW
    1993 TW
    1985 BW200
    1987 B200E
    1979 Honda Z50
    ..and 1 Chihuahua

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Noble endeavor. Outdoortree could expand it's goals by reaching out to foster better trail bike tolerance and acceptance with other special interest groups like the Boy Scouts or Sierra Club. A joint outing could demonstrate how the quiet TWs can haul in tools, saws and refreshments with a low environmental impact while you guys get access to a labor pool to help haul cut debris off the trails. Win,win with added benefit of improved public relations for motorcyclists in general. Get some publicity from local TV broadcaster looking for feel-good public interest stories.
    Last edited by Fred; 02-14-2017 at 09:25 PM.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Noble endeavor. Outdoortree could expand it's goals by reaching out to foster better trail bike tolerance and acceptance with other special interest groups like the Boy Scouts or Sierra Club. A joint outing could demonstrate how the quiet TWs can haul in tools, saws and refreshments with a low environmental impact while you guys get access to a labor pool to help haul cut debris off the trails. Win,win with added benefit of improved public relations for motorcyclists in general. Get some publicity from local TV broadcaster looking for feel-good public interest stories.
    Thank you Fred. We are working with Boy Scouts closely. I am an Eagle Scout and still volunteer with them. We are planning some service rides now and waiting for the snow to clear up. When we get some projects nailed down a little better I will post them here to see if any TW riders want to join in. I have also been working with PNW Dual Sport group to get the word out. Thank you for your encouragement.
    JerseyJeeper likes this.

Sponosred Links