Newbie and questions on tw200 please!!
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Newbie and questions on tw200 please!!

Newbie and questions on tw200 please!!

So I'm a newbie here and I'm looking to maybe get a TW200. All my friends have a dual sports and I've been mostly ATV kind a guy. Well I'm looking to get into the bike world and get a beginners bike and I was told these ones are the best ones to get. I am a bigger guy and I was told this bike should hold me fine and I love the look of the bigger tires.

Like I said I've never really drove dirt bikes so I'm kind a new to the whole thing but I really want to get one of these bikes and I've been told that there the best. I just want to get some info of how they drive and perform. And any insight or advice for a begginer guy just starting out would be great. I sat on one today and it felt great and I absolutely loved it but besides this bike I've only really written a 70 Lmao?. Like I said I've only had atvs haha. So yeah. Any help would be great. Thanks
    Ken, littletommy and admiral like this.

Wear safety gear, take a motorcycle safety class to learn safe driving techniques and so you can get a motorcycle endorsement for your licence. One of the benefits of having a dual sport bike is they are street legal. With your endorsement you can ride on back roads to get to dirt areas, etc. They perform like 200CC's plenty of power with the right gearing for offroad but not that good for going over 55 despite what some would say. They will cruise all day at 55 so they are not so good for freeways or busy highways, great for back country roads. These are easy and super fun bikes to ride you'll love one.
    Ken, drstimpy, ejfranz and 4 others like this.
    ”Everything You Know is Wrong”

” How Can You Be in Two Places at Once When You Are Nowhere at All?”

Twin 2014 TW200's made side by side on the assembly line, Moose rear racks, Protaper ATV high bars, DG oval pipes, kick starters, rejetted carbs, 130 main jets, 2 -3 -.020 shims on the needles and @ 2 1/2 turns on the pilot screw, #34 pilot jets, Acerbis hand guards, Shinko 241 front tires, modified Krator foot pegs, 14-55t sprockets, Ricochet skid plates and 90 degree fuel filters.

They're awesome. Great for bigger older guys and young skinny guys. They are fun as hell and that's coming from a big guy who's other bike is a 701. TWs are the shiz...
    drstimpy, Cornelis, Ken and 2 others like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Ken
    Welcome to the forum. Tw200 is great fun.
    JerseyJeeper, Cornelis and Tweaker like this.

Welcome!!
    Cornelis likes this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content Hidden Content

I will say that they are as close to a road legal 2 wheel ATV as you can get,
    Understand that they are a motorcycle and will behave like one, With a throbbing 12 Horses or so, they will run all day at lower speeds and are great for trails, Fire roads and neighborhood riding,
    They are not a new 250cc two stroke dirt bike, They are NOT going to blast you up a hill or thru a time warp,
    They are however a two wheeled tractor which is a lot of fun and will teach you a thing or two over time
    Be safe and wear proper gear,
    Peter B
    Last edited by pred; 02-26-2017 at 12:24 PM.
    Tweaker and socalnative like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Thesleepingused View Post
    So I'm a newbie here and I'm looking to maybe get a TW200. All my friends have a dual sports and I've been mostly ATV kind a guy. Well I'm looking to get into the bike world and get a beginners bike and I was told these ones are the best ones to get. I am a bigger guy and I was told this bike should hold me fine and I love the look of the bigger tires.

Like I said I've never really drove dirt bikes so I'm kind a new to the whole thing but I really want to get one of these bikes and I've been told that there the best. I just want to get some info of how they drive and perform. And any insight or advice for a begginer guy just starting out would be great. I sat on one today and it felt great and I absolutely loved it but besides this bike I've only really written a 70 Lmao?. Like I said I've only had atvs haha. So yeah. Any help would be great. Thanks
    Big Welcome coming to you from Jackass Gulch Country. This forum is the greatest. If you don't like what we say. Ask again and we'll try lying a little better!

The transition can and has been successfully done. We're talking ATV to TW not that other kind of transition that's all over TV!

A successful transition story. Mrs. Admiral the former ATV rider to Mrs. Admiral the TW rider (and horse whisperer)

Mrs. Admiral the ATV rider

Mrs. Admiral the TW rider

and horse whisperer

If you to transition from ATV to TW, just remember the old high school cheer (providing you went to high school): Take it easy, take it slow, take it easy, take it slow let's GO!
    grewen, Ken, JerseyJeeper and 3 others like this.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Is that cupholder thing home made? Because that is brilliant and I think I might have to make one now myself.
    Ken and littletommy like this.

welcome to the forum Thesleepingused!......you'll love the bike, but once you're bitten ( and it sounds like you already are) there is no turning back

Kris, where is Decorah? sorry, had to sneak that one in
    Last edited by grewen; 02-26-2017 at 12:05 PM.
    littletommy and admiral like this.
    Greg

2019 honda cb500x
    2018 honda grom
    2018 suzuki dr200

Decorah, nothing there now but the sign but it's down (or up) the road from Cuprum, Idaho. Basically, this area is the high ground before heading down Kleinshchmidt Grade in Hells Canyon.
    grewen, Ken and littletommy like this.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links