Raptor 80 for my son's 11th birthday
Close

Like Tree9Likes
  • 3 Post By SickPuppy76
  • 3 Post By littletommy
  • 3 Post By scotti158

Thread: Raptor 80 for my son's 11th birthday

Raptor 80 for my son's 11th birthday

My son turned 11 on Friday. For awhile I've been combing the want ads for a youth ATV for him 80-125cc. Most nice ones were $1000 or more, which I was willing to spend if I had to but really didn't want to go that much. Lots of machines with issues ("Oh it just needs a carb cleaning" ads). Finally an ad popped up on Craigslist for a 2008 Raptor 80 for $600 just north of Springfield, MA. Tuesday I worked a 12 hour day then made the 4 hour round trip out to get it. Very nice machine! Great shape. Needs a battery and probably a carb cleaning. My trailer didn't fair the ride out so well. Wheels had some play, the guy greased the bearings for me for the ride home. The pin on one side that holds the ramp up was bending so i had to use a couple extra straps to hold that up so it wouldn't bend more. I drove straight to my parents' house and parked the trailer and all in their garage to hide it. Thursday night after my son went to bed, I went over there and towed it home and hit it in my garage under a sheet. We had a party with family over for him on Friday and the last gift he opened was the key to the machine and the bottom of the box said "Look in the garage".
    Here's a link to the pics and videos on facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/greg.monty....15?pnref=story

I had to jump it to start it, first thing he did was a donut in the front yard, since we had a couple inches of slushy snow. I got it into the back yard and let him ride around for about 45 minutes, and taught him to shift. It's a 3 speed manual with auto clutch. He had a blast!
    "SickPuppy76"
    Greg from Glenville

2014 TW200 rear Cyclerack with bag supports and Versapack saddlebags, upgraded foot pegs, Mad Dog seat cover
    2014 Nissan Pathfinder 4WD
    2005 Buick Rainier AWD
    2001 Bass Tracker Pro Team 185XT
    Old Town Trip10 Angler Kayak

Greg, that's way cool. He's the happiest kid on the planet right about now!!!!! Nice job Mom and Dad, he looks like a great kid!! I bet he didn't get a wink's sleep thinking about it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SickPuppy76 View Post
    My son turned 11 on Friday. For awhile I've been combing the want ads for a youth ATV for him 80-125cc. Most nice ones were $1000 or more, which I was willing to spend if I had to but really didn't want to go that much. Lots of machines with issues ("Oh it just needs a carb cleaning" ads). Finally an ad popped up on Craigslist for a 2008 Raptor 80 for $600 just north of Springfield, MA. Tuesday I worked a 12 hour day then made the 4 hour round trip out to get it. Very nice machine! Great shape. Needs a battery and probably a carb cleaning. My trailer didn't fair the ride out so well. Wheels had some play, the guy greased the bearings for me for the ride home. The pin on one side that holds the ramp up was bending so i had to use a couple extra straps to hold that up so it wouldn't bend more. I drove straight to my parents' house and parked the trailer and all in their garage to hide it. Thursday night after my son went to bed, I went over there and towed it home and hit it in my garage under a sheet. We had a party with family over for him on Friday and the last gift he opened was the key to the machine and the bottom of the box said "Look in the garage".
    Here's a link to the pics and videos on facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/greg.monty....15?pnref=story

I had to jump it to start it, first thing he did was a donut in the front yard, since we had a couple inches of slushy snow. I got it into the back yard and let him ride around for about 45 minutes, and taught him to shift. It's a 3 speed manual with auto clutch. He had a blast!
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content Hidden Content

My son has the Badger 80, which I think is basically the same. We bought it used when he was 8 or 9. He's 21 now and in the Army, it's still running! We're saving it for the grand kids. Do the maintenance and it will last a long time.
    2013 Yamaha TW200

1996 Yamaha TW200

1995 Kawasaki KLR650

2002 Yamaha RoadStar 1600 with sidecar

Sponosred Links