Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Tank bag recommendation?

Tank bag recommendation?

What bag fits good?
    Magnetic?

Thanks guys.
    Smitty Blackstone likes this.

Senior Member Michael Bryce Winnick's Avatar
    If you want easy on and off get the Wolfman enduro bag. Buy the x straps for when the bag is not on the bike. A great set up. When you put the Clarke tank on, you will thank me. The Wolfman enduro bag is the best tank bag in the world. Nobody should buy any other bag than the Wolfman enduro bag with X straps. Do a good install and tuck the straps under the seat. You should also get a Clarke tank to go under the tank bag. Clarke tanks are the best tanks in the world. Nobody should use any other tank than the Clarke tank. MBW
    Last edited by Michael Bryce Winnick; 04-11-2017 at 06:57 PM.

I have a clark tank and use some tank saddle bags made by atv logic $14 on amazon. Had a friend sew a couple of one inch webbing straps to the front edges of the bags and hook together with a fastex buckle to keep them from flying at speed. Works good for me. One of the bags has a bottle holder attached which is real handy if you wear an open face helmet. I am sure it's not as great as a wolfman but it works good for me especially at a grand total of $16.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I still have the stock tank. That being the case I bought a Cortech Super Mini. It's a magnetic bag so no straps,buckles or clips to mess with except the one around the neck of the frame. That one comes in handy when its time to refuel as you just let the bag hang from it to clear the filler cap. Its expandable so you can carry a lot of small stuff and more important my wife likes it as she can carry her spare glasses,pocket purse and other crap.

Quote Originally Posted by tree.bobby View Post
    What bag fits good?
    Magnetic?

Thanks guys.
    I have used a variety of inexpensive Horse horn bags or ATV tank bags probably very similar to what White Elephant has mentioned. I usually secure them from flopping around by using mini bungee cords attached wherever I could find a point (ring or looped fabric on the bag itself). This is a slightly different approach but for the same end result as W.E. mentioned.

This year at Moab I used a magnetic top mounted tank bag. With the aggressive riding I did, (read I got bounced around a lot) I ended up having to bungee it down as the magnetic's attached to the tank didn't keep it in place so intended riding should be a factor in your decision.
    tuna, Xracer, tree.bobby and 2 others like this.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Bryce Winnick View Post
    If you want easy on and off get the Wolfman enduro bag. Buy the x straps for when the bag is not on the bike. A great set up. When you put the Clarke tank on, you will thank me. The Wolfman enduro bag is the best tank bag in the world. Nobody should buy any other bag than the Wolfman enduro bag with X straps. Do a good install and tuck the straps under the seat. You should also get a Clarke tank to go under the tank bag. Clarke tanks are the best tanks in the world. Nobody should use any other tank than the Clarke tank. MBW
    If I am going to keep my stock tank does the wolfman enduro fit?

If I am going to keep my stock tank does the wolfman enduro fit?
    I use the wolf man blackhawk which is a bit bigger than the enduro model and it works out great with stock tank.
    Blkrvrbart likes this.

Senior Member Michael Bryce Winnick's Avatar
    Wolfman Blackhawk is as good as it gets (a little too big for me). I prefer the enduro bag as it takes care of a phone, wallet and some misc. You are fine with either one. Get the enduro bag and put the extra money towards the Clarke tank. You can carry less things further.

have these on several 4x4 and TW - a bargain at $ 15.00. Check the ability to carry as small back bag. Very versatile. Versa-Packs ? Day Pack/ Horn Bag - Model VP-125 - Clearance Item | petandhorse.com

What bag fits good?
    Magnetic?

Thanks guys.
    Just thinking... depending on your riding conditions you might want to go with an even bigger bag. I think my Blackhawk is 800 cc's but when i bought it i was thinking about standing on the pegs while riding offload and didn't want interference. If i was more just paved road, logging road driving i would have got a bigger model.
    littletommy likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links