Storage Options
Close
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Storage Options

Junior Member frogman215@hotmail.com's Avatar
    Just got my tw lisensed for on road? I just don't know where to store my insurance info and what not on my bike. Anybody have anyplace they put that sort of thing. Like is there such a thing as handlebar bag that can be bought? Just give me your ideas. Might be a dumb question haha

Where do you guys store your things?

I keep facsimile copies of each in a baggy under the right side cover.

I also stash copies rolled up inside my left handlebar and have reduced size copies in my wallet when I'm traveling.

Bluejake likes this.
    I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by lizrdbrth View Post
    I keep facsimile copies of each in a baggy under the right side cover.

I also stash copies rolled up inside my left handlebar and have reduced size copies in my wallet when I'm traveling.
    I'll bet you wear a belt AND suspenders...

Good idea(s)...
    “One final paragraph of advice: do not burn yourselves out. Be as I am - a reluctant enthusiast....a part-time crusader, a half-hearted fanatic. Save the other half of yourselves and your lives for pleasure and adventure. It is not enough to fight for the land; it is even more important to enjoy it. While you can. While it’s still here. So get out there and hunt and fish and mess around with your friends, ramble out yonder and explore the forests, climb the mountains, bag the peaks, run the rivers, breathe deep of that yet sweet and lucid air, sit quietly for a while and contemplate the precious stillness, the lovely, mysterious, and awesome space. Enjoy yourselves, keep your brain in your head and your head firmly attached to the body, the body active and alive, and I promise you this much; I promise you this one sweet victory over our enemies, over those desk-bound men and women with their hearts in a safe deposit box, and their eyes hypnotized by desk calculators. I promise you this; You will outlive the bastards.”

― Edward Abbey

I have a yamaha handlebar bag (with zipper) that attaches to cross bar on handlebars. keep my registration, proof of insurance, pen and small tire gauge in it.
    Mike Carter. Woodland, California (NorCal). '89 Tw200 (Black Widow Edition). Blood red Jimbo shield, Cycleracks, Nuvi 500 GPS, Kolpin fuel pack jr., D shield bark busters, 55t rear sprocket, Golden boy front tire, Ricochet shield.

Long story, but I once had a Harley stolen in a parking lot a l-o-o-n-g way from home. While this was practically the best day of my life (long story, but it was my last Harley, forever) when the cops showed up I couldn't provide them with the info they needed so I could file the police report and thus recover my munny for that useless P.O.S. Hadda go back to the P.D. a l-o-o-n-g way from home, then wait a couple of weeks and go back to the P.D. a l-o-o-o-n-g way from home when they finally wrote the report. Huge pain. Lots of people may have their cage's plate number memorized but dang few know their bike's.

Was a huge pain in the arse. The other reason I'm so anal about it is that I used to frequent Mexico and if you can't produce SOME kinda papeles your watch will end up on someone else's arm in short order.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by importmech View Post
    I have a yamaha handlebar bag (with zipper) that attaches to cross bar on handlebars. keep my registration, proof of insurance, pen and small tire gauge in it.

Where did you buy that at?

Nothing beats the "storage Tube" We even have a sticky here: https://tw200forum.com/index.php?/top...-storage-tube/

I made this one out of pvc, a cap and a threaded cap, black spray paint and two hose clamps. All of it was leftover from some plumbing work except the hose clamps.

You can see it from the back off the bike. Its not really noticeable from the side though. I can put the registration, insurance card, masterlink, sparkplug and a leatherman in there.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links