Aha, the other one descended!..two dots, no longer a Newbie!
Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    I saw that my one dot "newbie" status was bumped to a full-fledged two-fer "member" this afternoon. I have had some interaction with a few of you but thought I'd introduce myself and start showing off some of the mods that many of you have inspired me to do thus far.

I am one of the few people born and raised in Arizona, I attend Midwestern University's Doctor of Podiatric Medicine program, I like long walks in the forest with a rifle or bow, and I Speak Portuguese.

I Rode around the family 87TW for quite some time last summer and really enjoyed it. My wife and I have been doing the 1 car thing for the past year and I have been riding my bicycle to school mainly. During finals I leave very early and come home verrrry late. For my safety I take the car everyday for that week or two which left her and my boy at home without transportation, which never sat very well with me, so I caved and recently bought the old '87 off my dad. It is in great shape (6000mi), especially considering the year, and I have been doing some of the mods that I deemed more important while on spring break.

First mod, I guess, was to get the dang thing running again after a year of sitting in the garage (modified it from "that thing" to a "motorcycle" according to my mom)! With a lot of help from Qwerty's Carb tuning tutoring I finally can lay on the throttle without so much as a hiccup... not that I do though, just if I WERE to do so, it would be just fine (actually that's not true, I am running a 114 in flat ol' Glendale Arizona which I think I should be running a 120 or 124 (any opinions on that, esp. AZ guys?) so it runs sort of lean IMO). I also removed and cleaned the gas tank, new filter, all that jazz.

I started a custom rack integrating the stock rack and some artsy tube bending skill to hold two 40mm Ammo Can Panniers I can keep my instruments and books, as well as some tools in (images to come, it's way late right now and am feeling barely energized enough to write this).

I have a 15 tooth front sprocket I ordered from last summer(I would like to buzz just a little less at 45mph). I'm waiting to do an oil change and some new gaskets before I decide to put it on though.

Tusk D-flex hand guards (classic red and white, like the classic bike colors)

Fly racing crossbar pad (you know, for when I smash my face on the crossbar)

Infamous Storage tube!! and a Wolfman 1L fuel canister to ride inside (from rockymountainatv.com).

And one of only four (yes you read that right) Jimbo "Blind as a Bat BLACK" shields.

So, there you have it, thought I'd let you guys know who I am, and what I have been up to this past week. I am on here all the time, but you probably won't see many other posts from me, at least for a while. At this point I don't think it will be any help (not considering some of the brains of the major contributors here). But, as for my personal projects, I will post some pictures of my progress and throw up any errors that I stumble upon the way. Thanks for everyone's guidance so far, I hope my input can prove useful to someone out there...someday.

Stay tuned (at least for a week) til the pics are up. In the meantime friggin' ride safe guys!
    "Any number images

Images of any size

Any number of URLs

Any number of lines"

D

Greetings Steppin, Thanks for the intro. Its always nice to know where folks are located and something about their reasons for having one of these machines. You have transportation about as cheap as possible between the TW and the bicycle. I alternate between those two as well. The bicycle is hard to start in the winter but the heater works. The MC starts easily but tries to freeze me to death in the winter. Can't win. Tom
    Tom - TW200 2002, Kawasaki VN 500 2006

Hidden Content

Central New Mexico

Welcome to the forum and your two dots. Allways nice to see pics of the bikes and mods. Hope you will share yours.

Ronnydog

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Great. Another weirdo on a TW. You'll fit right in!

If memory serves, glendale is at least 1000 feet altitude. Maybe flat, but not sea level. You'll find another couple thousand feet of altitude when you start exploring the nearby hills. That 114 jet won't be as l;ean as you think. Combined with a raised needle, an open pilot screw, and a 45mph urban commute, you'll be quite close to maximum efficiency for the way you ride. Ride it a while before making changes. If you do not feel any of the symptoms of running lean, it ain't broke, so don't fix it.

I just finished up my ammo box panniers last night myself. Post some pics, love to see how you went about it. As soon as I wrestle away my daughters computer I'll throw some pics up as well.
    Tenaciously Deviant Unwittingly Brilliant

Here we go...

Tenaciously Deviant Unwittingly Brilliant

Welcome aboard DS.

Nice fab work FP.
    "It's more fun going fast on a slow bike than going slow on a fast bike" UK

1994 TW200, 2009 F800GS loaded,

When I heard the last one descended I was in a whole different place

Congrats, now you got a pair.
    Phelonius

Wow Fort Payne, nice bracket/mount setup...

Take care my Friend.........

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links