New Nor-Cal member
Close
    Hi everyone!! My name is Mike, I'm a Nor-Cal, as you gathered from the intro. Yes, I'm in the Emerald Trang, although I can't touch the stuff! Makes it hard to ride a bike! I attended Motorcycle Mech. Institute in Phoenix Az. back in 1982. I'm one of these guys who trys to fix all his own stuff, and I've learned the best thing about that by far is I know who to blame when it still does not work!

I recently picked up a 1997 TW with 888 org. miles on it. It had many of the issues you would expect from years of sitting, but it was a one owner, all papers, easy miles, etc. etc. so I grabbed it. After much valuable info from this forum, I decided to join, & hopefully contribute from time to time as I get to know my TW better. I just got it all working correctly this weekend, and took it out for a good shake down ride. All went well! And yes, the weather was in the 70's!!

Looking forward to being in the TW community! Cheers, M.

Welcome to the community. Where in Norcal are you? I'm in the Bay Area.
    Not all men are capable of greatness, but all possess toughness.
    2001 TW a mod or two maybeHidden Content

Emerald Triangle= Canabis Grower's Central.

The WAY North.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

humboldt-mendocino-trinity.... i'd wager the first one, unless he's in ft bragg.
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Welcome! Another Mike in nor-cal TW200 gang. I attended universal technical institute (auto) in Phoenix in 1982....We'll have to plan a ride at stonyford. Thats's in between us. How far is it from you?
    Mike Carter. Woodland, California (NorCal). '89 Tw200 (Black Widow Edition). Blood red Jimbo shield, Cycleracks, Nuvi 500 GPS, Kolpin fuel pack jr., D shield bark busters, 55t rear sprocket, Golden boy front tire, Ricochet shield.

Howdy Bikerjosh, lizrdbrth, joe band, & importmech, I’m in Boonville. Yep, that’s Mendo co. Very good guess about Ft Bragg, I spent most of my life there, but I've always loved Boonville the minute I discovered it as a kimmie.

(The word "Kimmie" means boy in Boontling, The locals created their own language around 1880 or so, & there are still a few codgys who can harp a wee deek!) That's prety cool you were in Phoenix in '82 importmech, it sure is a lot more different now. I took the night class at MMI, it was really a blast to be able to work on a bike, & then go take it for a rip out in the desert just to make sure it was working right! My teachers were soo cool, and things were a little more relaxed then. Yamaha was also very gracious! When I started at MMI, they sent us a container full of bikes from their entire product line for us to have our way with! They ran a saw through the #'s so they could never be sold. Sorry, I digress. importmech, I’m embarrassed to say that I don’t know where stonyford is! But I like the idea of trying out my new wheels & getting to know folks who like a good trail ride! Low & slow, & enjoy the scenery! I think I'm going to like this forum alot! I'll get a pic of my wheels up for my avatar in the next few days, & ya all have a bahl dee! m. (Bahl dee = good day)

Sponosred Links